What's new

a feel good teller tale; read before bedtime!

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Yesterday I went out on a short road trip which I'll post about in a minute. But this story was too good to be true. I went in to a drop bank and dropped my coins off. I asked if they had any I could exchange, and the teller goes, "You're about 2 months too late."

The teller went on to say that an older gentleman had passed away and the safety deposit box was turned over to his kids. His kids took a sample of the coins to a local coin shop and were offered next to nothing for it. Most likely dejected, the kids returned to the bank and cashed in all the coins at the bank. In the deposit box was several older coins along with bicentennials. The teller I spoke to only bought one coin; an 1887 silver dollar. There were all sorts of denominations...pennies, nickels dimes, quarters halves and silver dollars. Even blue seal bills. Some lucky chap came in and bought the halves; returned moments later to scoop everything out. A day late and a dollar short for me I say. There was roughly ~$1400 face in the deposit box. The guy who bought the halves mostly got liberties in the 40's the teller said.

So tonight, read this post before you sleep and perhaps in your dreams it'd be you!

HH and good luck all!

~phrostie
 
Upvote 0
Was that in Maine or where ever Joad is? Two big walker scores late last year...
 
Hmmm...I wonder who got the other $1k? I only scored $400 worth. 8)
 
phrostie said:
So tonight, read this post before you sleep and perhaps in your dreams it'd be you!
~phrostie

Last night I literally dreamed I walked up to the coin machine and it was filled with about 20 rolls of halves. Everyone showing silver. I need time off.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom