Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, have done very little metal detecting this year. Mostly due to the fact that it's costing too much gas and time to drive to worthwhile sites. Been hitting a small little area near home here, and each time have come away with a button so far. I think the one may be a Boy Scout button and, perhaps like the others, not very old, but still interesting. The middle one appears to have a Navy type of design with the anchor, and the last one something like a Netherlands lion with a crown or a similar European insignia. ???
Thanks for looking! HH

A-8.jpg

C-10.jpg

B-10.jpg

E-6.jpg

D-9.jpg

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buttons look to be military! You on summer break? I saw a video on Utube about the Iceberg, looks like it will be gone soon. Good thing you guys got there when you did as it could all end up under a parking lot or a building. HH and tell your Dad hey, Mike

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help you with the buttons, but the disk top center looks like an old bridal rosette. Is there lead filling or solder marks on the back? Neat finds all around!

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Buttons look to be military! You on summer break? I saw a video on Utube about the Iceberg, looks like it will be gone soon. Good thing you guys got there when you did as it could all end up under a parking lot or a building. HH and tell your Dad hey, Mike
Yep, enjoying summer break before one more year of school. Thanks Mike, will do!

aquachigger said:
Can't help you with the buttons, but the disk top center looks like an old bridal rosette. Is there lead filling or solder marks on the back? Neat finds all around!
Yes! The back is lead-filled with a rough and pitted surface. Don't think I can make out any solder marks.

Thanks for all of the help/info and comments!

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nate, where are you going to school at? My son will be a junior at the university of Akron. What are you majoring in? in the realm of metal detecting, you might find that with a little research, distance could be a thing of the past! It didn't take me too many years to find out how true that is and i've been at it 36 years now....

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see your still kicking Nate. Good finds.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
Good to see a post from you again. I hope college is going well for you. Say "hello" to the family for me.
Does the old guy still detect? :dontknow: :tongue3:
Take care,
Doug

Attachments

• DSCN5747.JPG
    DSCN5747.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 257
OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idigdirt said:
Nate, where are you going to school at? My son will be a junior at the university of Akron. What are you majoring in? in the realm of metal detecting, you might find that with a little research, distance could be a thing of the past! It didn't take me too many years to find out how true that is and i've been at it 36 years now....
I will be at Cleveland State for one more year, studying electrical engineering. We've researched and hunted local areas here for almost 10 years but that's a good point I know there's definitely more that research would turn up. Thanks!

Schrecky said:
Nice to see your still kicking Nate. Good finds.
Thanks Shrecky, good to hear from you too.

ModernMiner said:
Nate,
Good to see a post from you again. I hope college is going well for you. Say "hello" to the family for me.
Does the old guy still detect? :dontknow: :tongue3:
Take care,
Doug
Thanks Doug, will be the most intense yet but will do my best. Lately he's been taking days to go fishing out on the lake instead and has had some nice days but we still detect together occasionally and will for a long time I'm sure. Take care!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate, consider getting your Master's or Doctorate's degree! I'm a low Electronics Technician and can see my job going away as electronics advance. No need to repair a circuit board or PWA when it's cheaper to just replace it. And always consider this, if you get into a research and development program, remember, it will eventually fail and need to be maintained so kindly put the electronics in an easy to get to place. I have several Engineers I would like to line up and kick them right in the balls because of stupid designs! HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate! :hello:

The button with the crown is cool! Great to see you posting and good luck in school. :)

Nana

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Nate, consider getting your Master's or Doctorate's degree! I'm a low Electronics Technician and can see my job going away as electronics advance. No need to repair a circuit board or PWA when it's cheaper to just replace it. And always consider this, if you get into a research and development program, remember, it will eventually fail and need to be maintained so kindly put the electronics in an easy to get to place. I have several Engineers I would like to line up and kick them right in the balls because of stupid designs! HH, Mike
I basically went into engineering because I didn't know what else to do lol so I wasn't planning on grad school but thanks a lot for the advice, Mike. I'll think about it carefully.

Nana40 said:
Nate! :hello:

The button with the crown is cool! Great to see you posting and good luck in school. :)

Nana
Thanks very much Nana, God bless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread