A few coins today for the last land hunt. 16 Yr breakdown of coins

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I went out today for about an hour and hunted for some keys. I didn't find the keys but did find a few coins. I got 2 wheats and a silver rosey dime. While talking with the land owner, I was asked if i knew how many coins I had rrecovered in the last 42 years. I had to reply that I didn't know for sure. I had stopped keeping records in 1982 when I reached 100,000 coins. I wish I had kept up my records but there is nothing I can do about it now. Here is a breakdown of the coins I found in my first 16 years.12,346 silver
720 Indians, 27,417 wheats, 39,476 memorials, 19,839 clad, and 202 foriegn coins. I didn't keep track of non-coin finds good enough to rreally list the usual finds from yards but they were numerus. If you like to set around in the winter and think about all the finds you have made, I would suggest you keep good records. I will be leaving for Spain in 2 days but will try and post some of my finds from there. I wish all a happy holiday season and GOOD HUNTING.

"may there always be a road"

Les

Upvote 0
That's a lot of digging Les. :occasion14:

THAT IS AWSOME LES. HOPE YOU A GREAT TIME IN SPAIN. :thumbsup:

Holy Mother of God, 12,346 Silver?! I more than salute you, I want to be adopted! Congrates!

Oh, you're the one who found my cache of silver! Over 12,000 silver coins. That is really a unimaginable feat. WTG. :thumbsup:

Have fun on your trip, and season's greetings to you too.

That's a lot of coins! Have fun in Spain. Are you taking your detector? HH, Mike

Thanks people. "YES" I am taking detectors to Spain. Those totals were for the first 16 years. As I said in my orig. post I wish I had kept records of the next 28 years. I know that I didn't hunt as much in the later years but I hit some really good spots where I dug a very high ratio of silver to total coins. I didn't dig any gold coins in the first 16 but got 2 in the later years. (Half soverign-1 dollar U.S.) I can't imagin spending my free time doing anything else.

Les

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back