What's new

A few CW finds this afternoon

Hutch911

Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
892
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out this afternoon to a spot I have not been to since spring. Found a few bullets and part of a sword hanger. Not bad for 3 hours and only 50 yards from the barn and truck.

Have a good one!

Hutch
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0613.webp
    DSCF0613.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 565
Upvote 0
it's a cleaner type III the stem and zinc disc is gone. The 3 ringer next to it with the flat base I need to figure out.
 
Nice finds. Love the lead.....
 
the 2nd bullet looks like it may be a fired Sharps carbine bullet
 
No offence the second one looks like a fired Spencer carbine
 
Nice CW relics, Hutch. Definitely not bad for a short hunt.

HH,
Rusted
 
The 2nd one looks like either a Spencer or a Merrill Carbine. Breezie
 
merrile carbine with the flat base .Great job with the different styles of bullets
 
Sorry guys The second bullet is a Spencer. I've attached a pic of both with the Spencer on the left and the Merrill on the right.
 

Attachments

  • spencer & merrill.webp
    spencer & merrill.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 181
Good eye vayank . . .at least I was 50% right! lol
 
TheBreeze426 said:
Good eye vayank . . .at least I was 50% right! lol
[/quote

]I'm proud of you. You're gettin' good. I've just been messing with this stuff to long. I even see it in my sleep sometimes
 
Yep you are right it's a fired spencer. Dug a few last time I was at that site.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom