A few finds after long hiatus

johntate

Oct 19, 2005
NW AR
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Recently I fired up the Explorer II to scratch a long neglected itch. After taking it out in the yard and restoring it to the factory settings, my first dig was the round whatzit. Then went to see a friend who recently moved into a c1930 house. Got a buck fifty or so in clad, the six cars and an aluminum thimble with the words HOOVER*HOME*HAPPINESS. Googled that and read it was from Herbert Hoover's 1928 run for president. Next I went to my now vacant old home place with visions of finding Photo0384.jpg silver coins. It has taken quite awhile to get permission but I feel it has been worth the wait. The house was built in the 1920s and was a nice place in its day. My parents bought it in 1945 and raised six kids there, so I was anxious to go back. But the 50 years since we moved have not been kind to the place. The grass tennis court behind the house now is home to a vacant dilapidated mobile home. The clothes line area hosts what is left of a chicken coop and the barn where my brothers attached the basketball goal is gone, replaced with brush and waist high weeds. Before I go back I need to get serious with the Minelab and better learn what it is telling me as a lot of metal trash was in the yard.P.S. The arrowheads are from a freshly plowed field across the road, thought you might like to see.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread