Ed-NH
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 4, 2006
- Messages
- 1,372
- Reaction score
- 37
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer ll
Went to a cellar hole site not far from home. The place looked awesome but I think someone must have already hunted it. I managed a few pieces and my second 1864 Indian Head fatty variety in fairly nice condition.
A week later I went back to the site but hunted across the road behind what used to be a barn. I found an awesome crotal bell, my first complete one ever. Also a pocket knife with what appers to be a spot where an eagle emblem once was. The owners say that the original folks that lived there were involved in the Rev War. He was a colonel in the war but who knows. This one does not look to be from the late 1700's. The harness buckle is the biggest one that I have ever found. The tongue still swings free.
A week later I went back to the site but hunted across the road behind what used to be a barn. I found an awesome crotal bell, my first complete one ever. Also a pocket knife with what appers to be a spot where an eagle emblem once was. The owners say that the original folks that lived there were involved in the Rev War. He was a colonel in the war but who knows. This one does not look to be from the late 1700's. The harness buckle is the biggest one that I have ever found. The tongue still swings free.
Attachments
-
DSC04007.webp14.3 KB · Views: 467 -
Dsc04026.webp4.7 KB · Views: 434 -
Dsc04027.webp5.1 KB · Views: 425 -
DSC04009.webp15.3 KB · Views: 472 -
DSC04010.webp14.5 KB · Views: 467 -
DSC04011.webp14.5 KB · Views: 466 -
DSC04013.webp19.7 KB · Views: 463 -
DSC04015.webp29.1 KB · Views: 446 -
DSC04014.webp50.6 KB · Views: 453
Upvote
0







