A few finds from today.

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
Me and a buddy decided to use a vacation day from work today, and hit a couple of places with the detectors.

We went back to the site we were at a couple weeks ago that we thought was a fort. That day we found I think 18 coppers of various varieties, and a 1881 reale.

Today I found a half cent, a U.S. copper of some variety, and a nice KG 3 copper. Also the nice little buckle and bridal rosette at that spot, my buddy also found a half cent and a few buttons.

Then we left there and headed to a spot we hunted in the spring but the wheat was up to high to really swing good. Today I found the couple buttons, and the us buckle. I'm guessing it is a cartrige box plate? I'm guessing it's seen its share of plows and disks over the years, but I'll take it! I also bought a Xp deus a couple weeks ago and all these items was found on its maiden voyage today, I think it did pretty well!

Attachments

• 20231220_184625.jpg
    20231220_184625.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 20231220_183827.jpg
    20231220_183827.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 20231220_183847.jpg
    20231220_183847.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
Upvote 22
A great day with a new detector. Too bad that plate is so mangled, still a darn good find though. I'm thinking had you used a detector you are more familiar you would have found even more. That's a good site you have found.

It is hard to pick up a new detector and start swinging, but honestly I felt very comfortable with the deus, the big thing was getting used to the new tone sounds. It seems right at home in heavy iron patches, I just didn't over think it and left the machine do it's thing.

Mite have missed some things, maybe not, but that just means I have an excuse to go back and look again! Lol.

AMAZING DAY :)

Me and a buddy decided to use a vacation day from work today, and hit a couple of places with the detectors.

We went back to the site we were at a couple weeks ago that we thought was a fort. That day we found I think 18 coppers of various varieties, and a 1881 reale.

Today I found a half cent, a U.S. copper of some variety, and a nice KG 3 copper. Also the nice little buckle and bridal rosette at that spot, my buddy also found a half cent and a few buttons.

Then we left there and headed to a spot we hunted in the spring but the wheat was up to high to really swing good. Today I found the couple buttons, and the us buckle. I'm guessing it is a cartrige box plate? I'm guessing it's seen its share of plows and disks over the years, but I'll take it! I also bought a XP DEUS a couple weeks ago and all these items was found on its maiden voyage today, I think it did pretty well!
I assume you mean the DEUS II ? Which I have and would NOT trade for all the Minelabs in Australia.. (well maybe 🤣 ) They are HOT in iron infested and high min soils... Good for you !!

Then we left there and headed to a spot we hunted in the spring but the wheat was up to high to really swing good. Today I found the couple buttons, and the us buckle. I'm guessing it is a cartrige box plate? I'm guessing it's seen its share of plows and disks over the years, but I'll take it! I also bought a Xp deus a couple weeks ago and all these items was found on its maiden voyage today, I think it did pretty well!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back