Shew, seems like forever since we were able to get out swinging. With the snow storm a few weeks ago here on the east coast, and then the sub-zero Temps, there was just no way.
My buddy and I got together today and took a trip maryland, a very old area. We got lucky on the door nocking and secured the back yard to a 1700s stone house.
We found a few good things even though it had been detected before. I found a 1808 half cent, he found a brittish copper, an early american copper, and a solid silver piece with initials FW on it We believe, possibly off of a saddle. I found a very nice military button, if anyone knows a time frame on it it would be greatly appreciated and also a big dandy button.
The other items came from a site a couple days ago we hit after work, another large dandy button, half of a set of cufflinks, a brittish copper, and a farthing. This was only the second farthing I have ever found.
Sorry for the long winded write up, but man it just feels good to get out.
My buddy and I got together today and took a trip maryland, a very old area. We got lucky on the door nocking and secured the back yard to a 1700s stone house.
We found a few good things even though it had been detected before. I found a 1808 half cent, he found a brittish copper, an early american copper, and a solid silver piece with initials FW on it We believe, possibly off of a saddle. I found a very nice military button, if anyone knows a time frame on it it would be greatly appreciated and also a big dandy button.
The other items came from a site a couple days ago we hit after work, another large dandy button, half of a set of cufflinks, a brittish copper, and a farthing. This was only the second farthing I have ever found.
Sorry for the long winded write up, but man it just feels good to get out.
Attachments
Upvote
19







