What's new

A few finds I need some help with on IDs

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
1,263
Reaction score
685
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few finds I need some help with on ID's

The first one is a ornate peice was plated with gold but has copper underneath , with a cool design . The other peice measure's 1 3/4 wide by 6 1/2 wide and weighs 5 lbs and was found close to a CW FORT . Any help with ID is greatly appreciatted , I have it cooking right now to get some of the corrosion off it . Will post more pics when im done .
 

Attachments

  • rsz_1rsz_dsc00255.webp
    rsz_1rsz_dsc00255.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 529
  • rsz_dsc00262.webp
    rsz_dsc00262.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 533
Re: A few finds I need some help with on ID's

Tyhe top piece is a picture rail hanger, similar to these:
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-12-24 at 6.59.31 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-12-24 at 6.59.31 AM.webp
    93.3 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0
Re: A few finds I need some help with on ID's

Possibly a counter weight for ? possibly for a window?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A few finds I need some help with on ID's

More likely a trailer hitch pin.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A few finds I need some help with on ID's

Dano Sverige said:
More likely a trailer hitch pin.

I don't think a hitch pin would weigh 5 pounds. :dontknow: I like the sash weight idea. Is there a hole in the end of the cylinder?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A few finds I need some help with on ID's

fyrffytr1 said:
Dano Sverige said:
More likely a trailer hitch pin.

I don't think a hitch pin would weigh 5 pounds. :dontknow: I like the sash weight idea. Is there a hole in the end of the cylinder?


I checked for holes in it , but no holes and for such a small item it is heavy . I am thinking along the lines of C.W as this peice was found within 10 feet of a large civil war trench and a within 5 feet from a sunken road only used for military . So it would be something that would belong with there equipment as the tree it was pretty much under is right around 150 years old and it was burried down 14 inches .
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom