A few hours in the sun

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a chance to get out with my HH Wader and do a bit of fresh water detecting at a couple of local spots. Not bad for a couple of hours in the sun. I wound up with $2.25 in change, a toy hydraulic excavator, what looks like a broken part from sun glasses, a broken ear ring, a bolt and a fairly nice ring, size 6.

There are no markings inside the ring. When I pulled it out it was black as if it were a .925 ring. I've cleaned it and now it looks like shiny copper. It has a stone of some kind all around the outside of the ring. It looks like it’s wet, but it isn't. That's the different shades of the stone.

Here's the total finds.

2-sep-09.jpg

This is the hydraulic excavator which is pretty cool.

excavdbl.jpg

Finally, the best for last, a simple brass ring with surrounding stone.

brass ring.jpg

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we find those rings usually they will change colors like mood rings. Sometimes they have been in the water too long they don't change anymore.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Are you sure the ring is copper? Kinda looks like rose gold to me; but you say there's no marks...hmm... It's hard to see the stones in the pic.....are they clear or colored?

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
txkickergirl said:
we find those rings usually they will change colors like mood rings. Sometimes they have been in the water too long they don't change anymore.
Yup TKGirl hit the nail on the head. Its a mood ring. I have several I have recovered over the years.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

OP
OP
Mat in MA

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mistake on the ring.

I stated that the ring was brass, but it's actually copper. It is a mood ring as it does change color from light to dark. Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread