What's new

A few interesting items

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,179
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing earthshattering, but, a fun hunt. Been a while since I found a big belt buckle. Not silver unfortunately. One Canadian cent and two wheats were the only coins other than $4.62 in modern change. The 1920 what was one of the nicest early ones I've ever found. The square item with the odd writing is a mystery. I posted a close up photo in the "what is it" section. Just plated pot metal, but, a curiosity.

20260820_182756.webp
20260820_182906.webp
20260820_182835.webp
 
Upvote 15
Great recoveries!!!!
Congratulations on your success
 
Hi
That belt buckle is very nice and good luck with that square piece writing
 
For the mystery item, see my replies on your other thread:


From your first picture here, it's now clear that it was made as a container, although non-opening (?). I would therefore hold to it being a protective cover for a 'Teffilin' or serving a similar purpose for protection of other Jewish sacred texts written on paper or parchment.
 
Interesting lot of finds fur shore youz! Thanks for posting and letting us have a gander at your finds. Gud luck on the next outing me bouy!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom