A few more civil war relics, revised

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
A few more civil war relics, revised

There other day I remembered an old spot that was always grown up and I thought maybe the snow had packed it down enough to hunt. I only had an hour but dug 3 bullets and a rough eagle button. I went back today for about 3 hours and dug the following 3 sharps carbines, 2 .54 mini's, .44 sage, .44 Johnson & Dow a nice eagle coat button, field pack hook and a pocket knife. I almost forgot I also dug what looks like a soldier's attempt to make a ring out of 2 rings from a.69 mini.

Attachments

• 12810.jpg
    12810.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 433
  • lead ring.jpg
    lead ring.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
Re: A few more civil war relics

I'm so glad you found my Eagle button that fell out of my pouch the other day. LOL . .Nice finds! :thumbsup: Breezie

Re: A few more civil war relics

vayank 54 They must of meant "Virginia is for Lovers" of CW relic's :thumbsup: " really exceptional finds" Congrats

Re: A few more civil war relics, revised

Nice finds and in such a short time. I bet that place will give up lots more this spring. Thanks for sharing. Like the CW artifacts.
HH
TnMtns

Thanks guys
The place I went today is actually one of the first civil war camps I ever dug. It has been pounded hard as most places around here but like a lot of places the ground is bad. I remembered one spot that is always grown up and you can barely get through it. I happened to think about how the snow might have packed the thorns and vines down and it had. I wish I would have thought about it sooner though.
Sorry Breezie finders keeprs ya know :laughing7:

Nice Finds VY!! My wife has her own carved bullet collection where she has bought carved bullets and soldier's art (she can't pick through the ones I have dug). She has a ring that looks like the one your found with another carved lead piece that looks like a horseshoe stake made from a 3 ringer. It's like a little "ring toss" game. Soldiers sure were bored, weren't they? HH, Quindy.

Very nice button VA. That hook thing is interesting. To bad they didn't make the knife out of lead, might look as good as those bullets. Cool looking ring.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

That ring is awesome, Yank! Hit it good while the weeds are down! Excellent hunting!!! Neat to see the unusual CW finds!!

Congrats on all those super finds~ Nana :)

Nice finds. Carved bullets are always fun to find.
Dman

Great bunch of finds !!!

Great finds, I love digging CW lead.

Thanks guys.
VOL1266 That ring toss game sounds really cool. I've seen some neat stuff soldiers made and then I've seen some and wondered what the heck and one in particular I don't even want to think about the use it might have had. :o

What a spot. If only the ring could talk.
Those are all nice finds.

Great relics VY.
For a place that has been hit hard it looks like you are squeezing every drop out of it. ;D :icon_thumleft:
That lead ring is a very neat find.
Congrats,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back