A few points and a banner weight fragment

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I had about 3 hours Sunday to slip away from the homestead and swing my metal detector at a site I've been to several times. When I got there I found that the farmer had disked the field and it had been exposed to the previous weeks 1 inch of rain. I was happy to look for Indian artifacts rather than swinging my detector.
Item #121 is about half of a bannerstone weight, made of a material I am not familiar with.
Item #123 looks to me to have been intended as a little serrated bifurcate, but they just couldn't get it bifurcated, as evidenced by some failed strikes in that area.
Item #126 is probably my favorite from this lot, a little Palmer or Kirk with heavily ground base, that matches a few more I have picked up from this site in the past.

Except for one stemmed point back in January, these are my first finds of the year. HH to all.
040917 finds B.JPG weight 3.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the finds. Shame on the broken Banner but it makes for a great study piece. Thats the only kind I find and only 1 so far. Seems like they are always broken at the drill hole.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds .... I was out of country the past week I heard we got a pretty bad storm .... I made it out today after work and found a really nice point I'll post in a bit after I get it cleaned up

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great day out!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread