What's new

A few points and a banner weight fragment

redbeardrelics

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
894
Reaction score
1,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I had about 3 hours Sunday to slip away from the homestead and swing my metal detector at a site I've been to several times. When I got there I found that the farmer had disked the field and it had been exposed to the previous weeks 1 inch of rain. I was happy to look for Indian artifacts rather than swinging my detector.
Item #121 is about half of a bannerstone weight, made of a material I am not familiar with.
Item #123 looks to me to have been intended as a little serrated bifurcate, but they just couldn't get it bifurcated, as evidenced by some failed strikes in that area.
Item #126 is probably my favorite from this lot, a little Palmer or Kirk with heavily ground base, that matches a few more I have picked up from this site in the past.

Except for one stemmed point back in January, these are my first finds of the year. HH to all.
040917 finds B.webpweight 3.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wow, great hunt. Gotta love a fresh plowed field. Nice Palmer, and killer half bannerstone. All nice finds, thanks for the view.
 
Thanks for sharing the pics. I like them all but my two favorites would have to be #122 and #123. Love that quartz.
 
i like that 121
 
Great 3 hours !

Nice finds!
 
Like the finds. Shame on the broken Banner but it makes for a great study piece. Thats the only kind I find and only 1 so far. Seems like they are always broken at the drill hole.
 
Nice finds .... I was out of country the past week I heard we got a pretty bad storm .... I made it out today after work and found a really nice point I'll post in a bit after I get it cleaned up
 
great day out!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom