What's new

A Few Recent Flea Market Finds

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I haven't been able to hunt for a while because of my knee surgery I went to the local Flea Market and once again I was able to prove that if you know what to look for you can get some great deals at Flea Markets. There has been a guy there the past few Thursdays that has had a bunch of field grade local pieces for really cheap prices.

The first picture is what I bought from him the first time. Just the small Points at the top. All 5 for $10. The Cobbs I got from my brother.

The other pics are what I got on Thursday. I saw the Cobbs as I was walking up and he had $15 on it. I got it out and looked at with my scope and knew it was good so I asked what was the least he would take. I know $15 was really cheap, but it never hurts to ask. He says he'll take $8 for it and I ended up getting the Stemmed Point made from Boyle Chert, the really nice Scraper made from Carter Cave, and the little Dalton made from Quartz for $20. The small Archaic Side Notch I got from another guy for $10 and it is sweet. Very heavily ground.

The Cobbs is from my county, Scioto county Ohio and is 5 inches long. The Stemmed Point and the Scraper are from Carter county Ky, the Side Notch is from Pike county Ohio, and the Dalton was from Missouri. He had a bunch of other nice field grade or a little better pieces that I will keep an eye on.
 

Attachments

  • 100_9803.webp
    100_9803.webp
    83.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0001.webp
    DSC_0001.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0003.webp
    DSC_0003.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0005.webp
    DSC_0005.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0008.webp
    DSC_0008.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0010.webp
    DSC_0010.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0012.webp
    DSC_0012.webp
    20 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0013.webp
    DSC_0013.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0033.webp
    DSC_0033.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0036.webp
    DSC_0036.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0021.webp
    DSC_0021.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0023.webp
    DSC_0023.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0025.webp
    DSC_0025.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0027.webp
    DSC_0027.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0029.webp
    DSC_0029.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0032.webp
    DSC_0032.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0015.webp
    DSC_0015.webp
    15 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0016.webp
    DSC_0016.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0018.webp
    DSC_0018.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0019.webp
    DSC_0019.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0020.webp
    DSC_0020.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
Nice finds Steve! Like you said, if you know what you are looking for, some great deals are out there.
 
Very nice. Have not seen to many in flea markets down here. At least not ones that are that nice.
 
Thanks guys. There area a couple guys that are usually there on Thursday that have good locally found pieces and I can usually get some decent pieces from them. There are also the usual fakes around as well. One guy has a 9 inch "Spear Point" that he swears his buddy found in Hillsboro Ohio and it's a classic Grey Ghost and even made from Edwards Chert. I tried to tell him this and he refuses to listen. He also has two Clovis Points that I wouldn't give $5 each for. You have to know what to look for like local types made from local materials.
 
I saw some really nice "fish hooks" at one down here awhile back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom