A few summer finds so far near my gas plant

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in June, I found this very small point and hammer head in the Canola Field next to my plant.
IMG_20160611_115522.jpg

The first picture was taken after I picked it up, the second picture is after I washed it.
IMG_20160611_115835.jpg
IMG_20160611_124718.jpg

This next one, is for Rock and Grim Reaper to decide on lol. I think its natural, but then I dont, but then I do.......lol. I found it on Thursday, same field, but on the outskirts where the Canola isn't to thick and high. (placed by a computer mouse for comparison) Why would a natural rock be shaped like that? River washed? I dunno........

IMG_20160804_170136.jpg
IMG_20160804_170142.jpg
IMG_20160804_170149.jpg

One more month, then the Canola will be harvested. The best part is that the farmer always cultivates and discs the 60 acres after the crop comes off! Sad part.....snow in two months......:crybaby2:

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last piece is natural, nature can make all types of shapes to fool the eyes JMO and the maul head does it show marks of use on the ends . If it does not then it is natural but that is a fine point:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Albertaclipper

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! The maul head is very cool, I will take better pictures of it tonight, the end (left side in field picture) is beaten flat and almost at a 45 degree angle, the other end has a flat patch on the heel. As for the last picture, I know its natural, just bloody amazing how it is what i is, so to speak. Walking up to it, I was thinking, omg! thats a big point! Then I picked it up and had a good laugh.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to say natural on the last one too. If the sides weren't flat and came to a sharp edge it could have possibly been one highly eroded and polished, but those types are usually found in on ocean beaches or in the desert sands. I have a couple from the northeast that have almost all of the flake scars polished off from wave action and pounding in the sand.

Your other finds are really nice. I really like that small Point. Very well made.

knighthunter

Dec 21, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba (Unicity)
Your lucky the farmer works up the land after harvest instead of waiting till spring like the farmers do in Manitoba where I arrowhead hunt. There is so much chaff from the combine that there is no point in looking for points as I can barely see the soil.

OP
OP
Albertaclipper

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lucky the farmer works up the land after harvest instead of waiting till spring like the farmers do in Manitoba where I arrowhead hunt. There is so much chaff from the combine that there is no point in looking for points as I can barely see the soil.

lol....The good thing here in Central Ab, mostly of these farmers that sow crops are also cattle farmers, they bale all the straw. But, the real good hunting spots near known old camps, those farmers seem to believe in zero till, I don't think we will see that dirt again.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No contest there I see no evidence of being altered by the hand of man or woman. Natural, but I like the point

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread