What's new

A few very nice bottles

Kevlardini

Sr. Member
Joined
May 18, 2015
Messages
336
Reaction score
370
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was just walking in the woods, when sitting a few feet from me was an old metal barrel band that caught my eye, so, I went to investigate. Yeah, it was junk, but then the glint of glass poking up from the ground caught my attention, and soon, I'd amassed a few very nice bottles. My favorites are the deep blue bottle, and the "Dr. Kilmers Swamp Root Sample Bottle".
101_0727.webp101_0728.webp101_0729.webp101_0730.webp101_0731.webp
 
Upvote 26
Cool bits of history!!
 
All of those will display nicely. :thumbsup: I'd be proud to display all those in the pics you posted. Many years ago as a teenager I used to dig along the Miami & Erie Canal or get permission to crawl under 19th century wooden framed homes prior to demolition. I had a pretty large collection of blob tops and smaller embossed medicine bottles. My dad got tired of seeing them in the attic while I was off serving the country and sold them to his brother, who in turn sold them off before I knew anything about it. I guess he didn't realize I had no room in the barracks to store them.:BangHead: I found some cellar holes a few weeks ago in a neighboring town on city property and found many early 1900's bottles but nothing as old as the blob tops.
 
Love the kilmers, nice finds !!:thumbsup:
 
AH YES OLE MAN KILMERS, NEAT BOTTLE,VANZUTPHEN
 
A Kilmers was the very first old bottle I ever found
 
Love the Kilmers...even more so since it's a sample bottle, I have yet in all my years digging..never found a Kilmers sample...Kilmers figural yes, sample no...

However, I despise those little cobalt bottles. ..they turn my stomach
 
All those were on the surface? Looks like a great dumpsite that you ought to start digging up, even better pieces are sure to be found underground.
 
Love em! Finding bottles is what started my love of history.
 
I like looking at old bottles. Thanks for sharing..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom