A few whats its and some other finds

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more finds, most from yesterday, including some stuff I could use some help with. First is that little bottle, found near the half pint whiskey bottle and that 1941 wheat penny on top of a c.1940s and back garbage dump. What kind of bottle is that? It looks like a miniature whiskey flask type bottle to me, but I dont think that is really what is what used for. All it says on the bottom is "2-5", which is probably a mold number or something like that. And by its shape, weight and make, combined with where it was found, I believe it dates back to about 1940 or so. The half pint has a 1934 design patent number on the bottom, which I was able to bring up right away. (You can see it here: https://www.google.com/patents/USD92901). I normally woundnt save a bottle like this, but seeing the patent number and its interesting design made me want to bring it home and learn more.

Does anyone recognize any of these buckles? The one says "PARVA" on it I think. I was also able to find some info on those little metal jacks Ive been finding and asking about. Apparently jacks like that have been around since the late 1930s, maybe earlier. Found a reference to them in a 1937 book, which says that kids commonly used stones at the time in addition to "metal jackstones". Another thing I read says metal jacks have been made since the early 19th century! But Im sure those early ones must have been made in a different way than the ones we use today. The bottle on the far right is a livestock medication bottle. Ive found others like that and have dated them to the 1930s or 1940s as well. Also some pottery sherds from the early 20th century and back pottery trade, and some more date nails, most of which were washed out from the side of the old railroad nearby at the one place, and the two others at the far right (1937 and 1939) I found in a fence a couple days ago, at an entirely different place. Two of the date nails are the elusive 1933 and 1934 Ive been after. Unfortunately the 1933 is just as smashed up and broken piece, but you can still read the date. I dont usually bother with nails when theyre so rough like this, but I thought Id bring it home to show you all anyway. The 1934 is in much better shape, although a little bent, but still a new one for me and difficult year to find. And thats a little broken red bead I think, and a silver plated spoon with just a little triangle followed by the words "SILVER Plate" on the back, just so you all know. And I cant quite make out what that rusty button says; "Super BIG??? SH"NK" or something. Anyway, thanks for looking.

DSC04369.jpg DSC04371.jpg DSC04372.jpg DSC04373.jpg DSC04375.jpg DSC04376.jpg DSC04378.jpg DSC04365.jpg DSC04367.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to ask above, but is that an unusual harmonica reed or what? Anybody know more? That one I found along the RR at this place a while back.

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest: