ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is yesterdays finds. I got in at 11:30 last night and heard my bed calling me. If a problem mods, please feel free to move it.

Went to a beach that has a ton of history yesterday with my son-in-law. This is a very popular boaters beach now called Poor Man's. The reason it is called that is it is right outside three marina's. Boaters get in their boats at the marina, idle out to the beach, drink and swim and then go back into the marina. They don't even have to get up on plane or use a gallon of gas.

We have found fake Rolex watches, fake Breitling watches and fake Tiffany and Co. jewelry there in the past. Anyway, this is also the beach I have found WW1 practice Mark 1 bombs from 1917 and the Lewis machine gun magazines from the same time period.

But way way before that the copper culture people were there. As evidence by the fish hooks we sometimes find. This is my third one. I also found an arrow head out there last year. I was fanning for a coin and spotted it in the hole.

If you are interested in reading about the copper culture people, here is a short web page.

Old-Copper-Culture

Anyway, that was the only real exciting find. I got a small sterling ear ring, a SS ring, and a strange metal container I thought was a lighter but was empty except for a cigarette butt. A few new coins, my normal supply of 30 and 45 cal bullets, some 30 cal shells, and a 50 cal shell from 1921.

This is one I found before with the arrow head.

This photo is of the two I have in my possession and the arrowhead. I gave one of the fish hooks away.

Last edited:
Upvote 30

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are suweeeet!!!! Crazy about your finds and the fish hooks are spectacular...d2

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.
I think you box is either a lighter case or match dry box.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool finds! those fishing hooks and arrowhead are very interesting finds. :occasion14:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds and thanks for the history lesson. I love them old fishing hooks. Nice finds in general but really love that older stuff.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those fish hooks are very cool finds. I would love to have one in my collection. Congrats.
ZDD.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again you have left me scratching my head. Copper culture fish hooks? That is absolutely killer.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, love the fish hooks, very unique.. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the replies all. I didn't know the fish hooks would excite anyone else. Actually I gave Kevin the very first fish hook I found not knowing it was that old. Now he has two and I have two. He also has an arrow head but he found it while scooping in the lake. It came up with a target and he spied it in the scoop. They are out there if you look hard enough.

What is really bad that I haven't talked about is my friend Kevin found something I have tossed away before. I always thought they were just broken junk. He did some research and found they were copper culture conical points. I know I junked two of them at least before he researched the one he found.

He knows a lot more about the older things like that.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SD; I hope you don't make that mistake again.!!! :icon_scratch: :laughing7: Cool Stuff. PEACE:RONB

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those fish hooks and point are way cool. Thanks for sharing.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, to be so lucky! The metal container you found, you might want to check that "butt" again. Back in my day, and this is only second hand knowledge, the containers were used to hold left hand Luckys. Again, second hand knowledge.:dontknow:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, to be so lucky! The metal container you found, you might want to check that "butt" again. Back in my day, and this is only second hand knowledge, the containers were used to hold left hand Luckys. Again, second hand knowledge.:dontknow:

First hand I can tell you that was exactly what I was thinking. (just for the record, its been better than 25 years I did that)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds my fellow lake mermaid, I wish I could dive with you! You have a great area to do it. (I'm thinking)
I love the point and the hooks are way cool! Banner finds IMO, it don't take much for me but those are banner worthy. (I didn't vote that, just feel it is)

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds, Love looking at all the pictures!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool_yellow_glitter_smiley_text.gif

Top Member Reactions