What's new

A find story from te Netherlands

Piepstokloper

Full Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
170
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Modified and Tesoro Cibola Hollandia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normaly I search mostly in the so called "Veenkoloniën" that,s somewhere up North in my country and about seven miles from where I live.
There whas peetmose harvested in the 17e century and on de poor soil that remains afterward people put so called "Stratendrek"(dirt from the citystreets) in order to obtain a good soil to farm on.
In that soil we found verious objects from 17e, 18e, 19, and 20e century from coins to diffrent objects, you name it and we will find it.
This week weatherconditions were very pore so i disited to hunt nearby on the clay wich is very dificould to work in but on a maddow it would be diffrent.
During my hunt I stumbled on to a very old and abandend place where in the earlyer days a farmhouse whas standing but whas now thorndown.
Alongside that terrain whas a water that surrounded the place, so I hunted on the shore along it, after about half an hour with no sign from my MD at all there it whas, i soft bleeping, at first I disidet not to dig because off the tone off my Whites M6 but something in me told me to dig, I made a squair in the grass and puled out that lump of grassy clay and there it whas in the lump clay staring at me as it would say; "At last, what took you so long".
I whas as glad as a child that get,s her first toy, and I made a sort off dance forr joy, you should have seen me jumping.
At the first picture I show that area where the goldcoin whas found,the second one are the rest off the things I found there.
Hope you can read this poor Englisch, sorry forr that
 

Attachments

  • Vondsten uit de klei 035.webp
    Vondsten uit de klei 035.webp
    135.1 KB · Views: 455
  • Vondsten uit de klei 044.webp
    Vondsten uit de klei 044.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Great Finds ! A Big Congrats on that Gold Coin. I'm still looking for one ;D
 
your english is great, keep searching that area for sure, again beautiful coin
 
I'm starting to lose track of the hammered gold posted in the past few days.... I believe the count is 3 now? Awesome stuff. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the great finds, and your English is pretty darn good!
 
wow thanks for sharing and giving us a little history lesson as well. I hope you find many more too.
 
GREAT!!! GREAT!!! GREAT!!! Can we get a B-A-N-N-E-R for this find? Can't be anything less than....
Your English is great......different than mine.......but very readable and understandable. Keep posting those
beautiful finds. :thumbsup:
 
is this the story on the find I Bannered Last Night ?
 
jeff of pa said:
is this the story on the find I Bannered Last Night ?
Yes jeff of pa it shore is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom