a first for me and some silver....

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
About time I post something! Did a couple hunts this month.First site I went to was about 3 weeks ago.Its a site that Ive pulled a dozen LC's and some nice relics in the past.Within 5 minutes of getting there I snagged this first for me a 1837 habitant token! Its crusty but I would take it anyday
1837-1habitanttoken.jpg

1837habitanttoken.jpg

Today I didnt know where I was headed to, so I decided to visit an old site that I havent been to in about 3 years or so.After stopping in to see the land owner i hit the site running.Finds were slim and the hunt was hard as it was mostly a wooded area. I did manage a 1952 quarter which I offered to the owner as a souvenir,he seemed quite happy.I then told him now I have to go find myself another coin
Then bam these poped out along with many pennies from the 60's
1918 quarter
1918quarter.jpg

1918-1quarter.jpg

1939 dime
031.jpg

1920 dime
1920dime-1.jpg

1920-1dime.jpg

My arms are killing me but it was a great day! Thanks for looking.HH

Upvote 0

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome coins , keep digging

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
CANADA ROCKS....WHAT A RUSH!!!!!! Nice coinage... I found one of the Bank of Montreal Canada Halp Pennies a couple weeks ago...Cool finds....JGAS.

Attachments

• Canada 1.JPG
    Canada 1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Canada 1.JPG
    Canada 1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 237

ramfan

May 30, 2008
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett F250/F150
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree...... i would take it also! Crusty and all. Great finds!

OP
OP
Marc(NB)

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
jgas said:
CANADA ROCKS....WHAT A RUSH!!!!!! Nice coinage... I found one of the Bank of Montreal Canada Halp Pennies a couple weeks ago...Cool finds....JGAS.

Yours is awesome lovely patina and to answer Jim bob450
A Habitant Token -- another token with strong symbolism for French-Canadians, this token portrays a Canadian habitant in traditional winter clothing. The reverse showed the arms of the city of Montreal with the name of one of the four participating banks on the ribbon (City Bank, Quebec Bank, La Banque du Peuple, and Bank of Montreal.In the beginning they were called Papineau token after Louis Papineau a politician.
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/confederation/023001-2089-e.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions