What's new

See! I knew there was silver in their yard!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,962
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Texted my guy to let him know I was coming over for a walk. He knew I was probably gonna come over, so he mowed his lawn for me! So I got about 3 hours in after work, and finished the immediate house yard. There are 10 acres of fields around his place, no rush to get into that for now. I found another dollar or so in clad, and a bunch of trash that kept me busy. Managed 7 more wheats, a crusty 1939 Merc, and an awesome silver pin. I thought it was a hair clip at first. Showed my wife, and she says “cool! It’s a totem pole!”:headbang:
What? I didn’t even notice that! Fantastic!

image.webp

image.webp

image.webp


Thanks for looking! :hello:
 
Upvote 42
very cool totem pole brooch! I'd bet it was probably a souvenir purchase from someone's vacation back in the 50's or so
Exactly! There are lots of images and variations online, but can’t find an exact match. Closest thing I can find is the same exact one, but the bottom guy is gone, and it’s one of those collectible spoons.
 
GREATG find thank you for sharing with us
 
Great finds BWD! Must feel good to finally get to it and see good results with more to go. Congratz!
 

Attachments

  • 79652346449__27C1FDBB-1BB0-4140-AFC3-BFF3067650C4.MOV
    1.6 MB
Kool. Can you make my punch leave more authentic looking marks?
It depends… you wanna punch me and leave marks? Nah bro I’m good.
You want a punch on your silver? I only have a 925 and a 999. I don’t have a STERLING stamp.
I also have a honeybee, but it looks like a fly.
My rate is $50 per hour, you pay shipping.
 
Texted my guy to let him know I was coming over for a walk. He knew I was probably gonna come over, so he mowed his lawn for me! So I got about 3 hours in after work, and finished the immediate house yard. There are 10 acres of fields around his place, no rush to get into that for now. I found another dollar or so in clad, and a bunch of trash that kept me busy. Managed 7 more wheats, a crusty 1939 Merc, and an awesome silver pin. I thought it was a hair clip at first. Showed my wife, and she says “cool! It’s a totem pole!”:headbang:
What? I didn’t even notice that! Fantastic!

View attachment 2248661
View attachment 2248665
View attachment 2248666

Thanks for looking! :hello:
That Tatum would be great to restore as a pin or brooch. Good job, 10 acres of fun left to go🤗
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom