What's new

A first for me! Seated, semi key date Indian

Bhodge

Full Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
143
Reaction score
199
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting a yard that I have covered several times. I found the seated dime (my first) as I got a bouncy signal on my AT Pro. I actually walked away because it went from iron to mid to high. I have had nails ring up better. Then I thought, why not. Anyway, I was shocked to see it come out at 8" down. I found the 1870 shallow "N" variety in the same yard. I had no idea what I found, I looked it up and was surprised. The merc came from the same property. The other 2 Indians and the wheatie came from the same hole. That was a cool spill to find. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479003737.328292.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479003749.767915.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479003763.862468.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479003774.971389.webp
 
Upvote 64
Awesome hunt!! That soil was good to all those coins. That Indian/wheat spill was Sweet.
Congrats!!
 
Wow.........that's one great group of oldies!! That parcel is not hunted out, yet.........congratulations!!
 
Nice haul.
The soil is easy on your coppers
Congrats on the Seated and Merc.
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice finds. That was a good day.
 
Congrats on some nice finds. There in great condition. The IHC's are are beauties!
 
That's why I like iffy signals. Many that don't dig will never know.:thumbsup:
 
What a day- Congrats on the awesome finds!

-- Jeff --
 
Congrats on a fine hunt! You got some sweet coins!
 
That's a fine hunt. :thumbsup: Congrats on your first seated. I'd hit that yard again...

HH
 
What year is the whty? Great finds!
 
Congrats on your first Seated dime and all the rest of those coins.
 
Great looking coins - hit it again!!!!
 
That's a great looking semi key ih! Nice when you get the good condition on the coin that's the most scarce
 
Congrats on a really nice set of finds.

Well played sir.
 
Awesome coins bud! Thats why we gotta dig it all! A couple months ago I decided to dig iron all day at my friend's "hunted out" property to clear it out of the way. No joke...right after i dug the first piece of iron (3 nails all together, -2, -15 signal), i went over the same area and got a slammin +85/+86 signal right where i was swinging! Turned out to be a 1729-1760 british half penny! Some times ya just gotta dig it all...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom