A First For Me...

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, old Terry (Icandigit) and I set up a hunting trip for today, as he had to come to town to see the Doc, and we would go out after he got done. Well, the best of plans go wrong. Got a call from him this morning after he was done with the doc, and he advised that in his haste to get to town, he had left his dectector at home. Nothing to do, but head out his way so he could grab his machine. Instead of doing some of the old parks here in town, we ended up doing an old park in a small town near him that has been hit hard over the years, and even we have pounded it twice this year. Always find some good items, but it's getting much tougher to find anything. As you can see from the picture below, the items that I found weren't much. An old brass coupler, an unused 22 shell, a button, 2 Rosies, and a ring. But, it was still a first for me. I had never found two silver items in one day before. The ring is marked Sterling, and the one dime is a 1958 D. So, the amount of items found wasn't much, but what the old park gave up, more than made up for it. Winter storm is to hit tommorow, so this could be my last hunt of the year. I sure hope not.
HH everyone.

Attachments

• Old Park 2.jpg
    Old Park 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 583
  • Old Park 5.jpg
    Old Park 5.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, do those Ace 250s LOVE LITTLE BRASS .22 bullets like my old Tesoro Cibola did???? That thing LOVED them. Just asking because I see the .22 but dont know how it came in on your detector. Cibola's sound of really hard on them even if they are deep. Nice silver!!!

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
{Sentinel} said:
Man, do those Ace 250s LOVE LITTLE BRASS .22 bullets like my old Tesoro Cibola did???? That thing LOVED them. Just asking because I see the .22 but dont know how it came in on your detector. Cibola's sound of really hard on them even if they are deep. Nice silver!!!
I don't have an Ace 250. I've got a Prizm V, and the signal that it gave me was a jump between penny and quarter. I was pretty sure it wasn't a coin when I dug it. It was at about 4". I've found enough shell casings to know that when it jumps like that, it's probably a shell. I think that it's because of the brass in the casing. Thanks for the comments.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two silver's in one day! Congrats, Neb! Always great to have a huntin buddy too. :)

Nana

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gotta love the first!!....Nice Job!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
WTG on the silver!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the two silver pieces. I never seem to find Rosie's.
Way to go.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions