A garage sale.....well, sort of.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I've been metal detecting a torn up old neighborhood for a week now. I've only found a few silvers and many Wheaties. I normally detect between the sidewalk and the curb. I started to detect in front of this one house and a lady came out and said if I would pass up the area because her husband has a detector and he'll try to detect it. I smiled and agreed. Two nights later I was going over that side of the street again to see if I missed anything. I again approached that area in front of that house. The lady was sitting on her steps and I just smiled and again passed by her home and didn't detect 'her' area. She then walked over to me to thank me....her husband hadn't detected it yet.

We gabbed a bit and she said her garage was over 100 yr old. "Do you want to see it?" she asked. Being a friendly guy, I said, "Sure." She opened the door and I looked around. Hmmm, tied to the rafters was a 14' aluminum boat. She then said, "Do you want it? We haven't used it in yrs." I then said no, but I'll think about it.

A last night, I returned with a son to look at it, and thought of offering around $80 for it. The husband was there and we talked about the boat. He said...."it's just tied up there, don't use it anymore, gave up duck hunting, etc." He then went behind some stuff and pulled out an 8 HP Mariner outboard and a gas can with the hoses and set them on the floor. Right away, my son asked, "What do you want for the boat & motor?" He said, "I was hoping to get $200." I gave him $200 and loaded the motor, gas can, and 2 life vests into my SUV. I pick up the boat tomorrow with my trailer.

Question --- Is this a detecting find or a Garage sale find?

Dig-m-Deep

Jul 18, 2011
Has to be garage sale... Since you were nice enough not to detect in front of her house and guessing when you went back to look at the boat a couple days later you didn't have detector in hand :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread