tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This last week I logged over 1400 miles throughout the states of Iowa and Nebraska with only two night out. I only managed to hit one large indoor flea market, as I had little time to goof off on the job this trip and I wasted no time to search very closely, but moved along pretty quick in searching. I found this gold pin for $18.50 sitting in a case with mostly over priced silver and costume jewelry. I had it looked at the local coin shop and he tested the main part with a white gold layer on the front over yellow as 18K and the pin back and bail tested as 10K. The diamonds are real, but are old rough or rose cut diamonds? I think this piece has been altered from an older piece were the 10K and swing out chain bail and pin back was added later in life to make it a pin/pendant combination piece. The pearl has some filler of maybe solder behind were it's mounted and that leads me to believe it should have been left open to allow light to shine through a larger diamond it once had and the pearl was what it was replaced with later maybe when an original diamond was lost?. I think this because the pearl looks like a later cultured Akoya to me? The only down side this trip, was I wished I had more time to search, because I had that nagging felling more treasure was around to discover. Have any of you ever had that feeling you know there's something good left undiscovered in a place, but you just didn't have the time needed to look for it ?

Attachments

• heart pin 1.jpg
    heart pin 1.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 129
  • heart pin 2.jpg
    heart pin 2.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 129
  • heart pin 3.jpg
    heart pin 3.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 119
  • heart pin 4.jpg
    heart pin 4.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 127

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I think you are right about this being adapted from an older piece. Either way it is a great piece. Yes I do get "the feeling". Some people say I have some sort of intuition for gold and silver. I am happy with thst

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great little find. Not a bad price too!!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol JimDon me too (the "people say I have an intuition" part). On the one hand I'm pretty much a skeptic about most things, on the other I try to listen to that little voice steering me one way or the other. Even if it doesn't really make a difference my hit rate is pretty high, and I'm ok with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread