What's new

A Good Friday

kd5txx

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
On Fridays my 8YO and I usually get about $50-$100 in pennies to search over the weekend. Well today we missed the regular bank and went to another part of town. I am short on coin money at the moment so took $60 out of the ATM. We drove for a while and found a new bank to ask for pennys. Lady asked how many I wanted and I told her $40....gonna try to diversify with the other $20. I sent my son to another teller to ask for halfs. She said she just took in $20 in halfs today...I thought about it then took them. While I was still waiting for the pennies, Andy asks if he can look at the halfs, I told him OK. He opened the first and said" Hey Dad!! It's a Franklin!!" Then discovered the whole roll was! The next roll was 19 Franklins and 1 64 Kennedy! SO....we got 40 90% in one $20 road trip. My best avg yet. And some Franklins are in REAL good shape. All are 60-63.

IMG_0050.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nothing better than solid 90% rolls :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sweet score!
HH
Rich
 
:icon_thumright: Very nice find! Nothing like finding a couple solid rolls to make your day.

Maine_Jim
 
DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice score!!! ive never gotten any solid rolls b4 (of silver)! hope i do sometime. keep it up and hh!
 
See there isn't any luck involved. Its all about the timing. Good going!!
 
I guess this means your not going to search penny's any more... lol

Great score. You found more Franklins than I have in the last 3 months and I do 10 - 15 boxes a week.

Your probably still shaking.

Mojo
 
That is a "Great Friday!" The pics are really nice. I do like road trips!

apush :read2:
 
Nice job. It proves the point to always ask for halves. Even if you aren't on the hunt for them that day, always ask.
 
Wow what a find, you beat my week where found only 20 Frankies, but did another 16 in 64's. Love them cold call finds!
 
kd,

great story. glad you can share coin hunting with your son. I bet it's awesome to see your kid so excited!

~phrostie
 
My 8yo is really into it. We open rolls of pennies on paper and look for wheats. My 4YO opens them fine but needs backup when searching. I like planting my wheats in his coins and he thinks he's THE MAN when he spots one.

Thanks all. I'm still excited.
 
Xellent haul! I don't even bother with boxes, cold call scores beat 'em by a mile.

ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom