SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren in NC is a good man, most of you know this already but I just want to let anyone out there who doesn't know him that he is.

He gave away ( to a good home, ha ha) all of his shipwreck books and research material together with a small Atocha coin because he was moving overseas. These books ( see photo below) all arrived safely this week and are now on the custom made bookshelf ready to be used for what they were intended for

I am starting on Bob Marx's " sunken treasure, how to find it" .........looked like the best one to ready first ha ha.

image-3311480132.jpg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Having known Darren for 8 years now, I agree completely Kevin. You'd have to search for a while to find a better guy in this industry of scoundrels and pirates. :-) Darren's eye-patch has a cross on it instead of a skull.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You'll like New World Shipwrecks, also by Marx.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Too kind, guys. I assure you I can be a jerk at times, too! I am thrilled my research has a great home to someone who will use it, SADS. Just ask me to come dive if you find anything as a result of it. Have fun!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Will do Darren, dont forget I'll be directing any thoughts your way anyway

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Ed, Jason, and Kevin. I've been on this forum since 1998. I was an idiot in regards to treasure hunting. 16 years later, I am a little wiser, and have found some real treasures. I still know where some of the big ones are. But honestly - as cliche' as it may sound - the greatest treasure is that some of my greatest friends were found right here. I met Ed at Cedar Island, VA looking for gold coins. I met my ARRG buddies (Jason, Tom, Luis, Pete, Robert, Brad, Steve, and Dick) in Jupiter, FL where we pulled up coins from the 1600s. I have magged off of Cape Cod with David for a huge load of tin. I have traveled the world to different archives and libraries. Of course, I have surveyed off the Carolinas for years. I have had agreements with well known people/companies that can't be mentioned here. I am a blessed man. Keep at it, guys and gals. Don't be greedy. Share the wealth. Enjoy life to the fullest. Make every day count!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren....." Today's the day"..........

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thanks Ed, Jason, and Kevin. I've been on this forum since 1998. I was an idiot in regards to treasure hunting. 16 years later, I am a little wiser, and have found some real treasures. I still know where some of the big ones are. But honestly - as cliche' as it may sound - the greatest treasure is that some of my greatest friends were found right here. I met Ed at Cedar Island, VA looking for gold coins. I met my ARRG buddies (Jason, Tom, Luis, Pete, Robert, Brad, Steve, and Dick) in Jupiter, FL where we pulled up coins from the 1600s. I have magged off of Cape Cod with David for a huge load of tin. I have traveled the world to different archives and libraries. Of course, I have surveyed off the Carolinas for years. I have had agreements with well known people/companies that can't be mentioned here. I am a blessed man. Keep at it, guys and gals. Don't be greedy. Share the wealth. Enjoy life to the fullest. Make every day count!
Darren, True words of wisdom.
" Great Friends are the real Treasure."

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Darren for the copy of the Haskins paper

Now let's see, was it the cabin or corrigans, Regla or Roman, capitana or almiralnte

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fun reading, eh Dennis? It depends on who you listen to regarding Ubila's Capitana and the Almirante. Haskins thought Corrigan's was the Capitana and the cabin wreck was the Almirante. Fisher and Marx thought the opposite. I am not as well versed as some of the others here on this one, as I prefer deeper wrecks. But always cross-reference various research to get a broader view before determining your view. Enjoy the hunt.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren is a pretty good researcher and treasure diver but he is an ever better fisherman, or I should say "fisher of men." (Matthew 4:19)

I am proud to be his friend.

We met her first on TNET in the early 2000's and then in person in 2006 on the Jupiter wreck. The rest is history as they say folks. Tom

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your adventures of the world Darren! :thumbsup:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good luck on your adventures of the world Darren! :thumbsup:

Thanks. My wife and I are moving to Trinidad and Tobago in January. If anyone has friendly contacts down there, lemme know!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren, in touch with great friends first week in Dec. I'll send you a message with their contact details then.........great people to know they did lots of habitat for humanity work in Miami before moving south.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread