A good permission question

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last spring I met with the director of security for permission to md some property owned by Catholic Charities. He says yes, but only weekends. (when no one was there). He said not many had uncovered much. I went three times last spring and did well. Now I'd like to go again when temps cool. There's about 50 cleared acres with 3 large Spanish style buildings, built in 1920. 2 of which are boarded up for many years. He may rather I just go, and not ask again.
I still have his business card I carried last year if approached.
Was not.
So what do my peers think? Tom? Lol
Ray

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go for it hope ya find something nice HH

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
You have permission AND his card. It's not like asking a farmer if you can fish in his pond or hunt his birds. That guy you need to talk to each year. I say go for it and good luck.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the card and previous permission I say go ahead and go detect.. I had this same problem this year with one of my spots.. I went back and was detecting and the man who gave me permission walked down and was happy to see me.. He said he figured I would be back eventually... He wished me luck and was on his way.. Most people are very nice about these kinds of things.. Good luck and HH..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm well there is no detecting season to speak of. If your conscious bothers you just buzz him up and let him know you are going to be in there and hope all is well with him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread