What's new

A great haul!!

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone,

I had a good haul today, so I am posting this to gloat (but I hope I do not make the silver Gods mad...).

Picked up 6 Brinks boxes today. The bank asked me what I do with them, and I said "I just collect coins and then spend some of them.". On the way out to the car, the banker said not to worry if I want more, as they can order me all I want.

So, I get home, and here is what happened:

Box 1: 3 90%, 14 40%, 1 Proof. I am feeling pumped, as this is my best haul so far.

Box 2: Skunk. Still feeling good about box #1.

Box 3: Skunk. Still feeling OK...

Box 4: 2 90%, 2 40%, 6 proofs (one of which is a 1992 Silver Proof!). Feeling great again.

Box 5: 7 90% (includes one ben and two walkers), 19 40%.

I am saving box 6 for tomorrow since it is just about 3:00 AM, and I need to go to sleep!!

I am pretty pumped. Just about 1% of the halfs were silver, which is pretty darn good as far as I am concerned!!

Also, here is the next scheme I am working on. Our mortgage just got sold to Wells Fargo, which has local branches. I am going to see if I can use the mortgage money to buy halfs at my bank, and then take the leftovers to Wells Fargo to pay my mortgage every month. If this works, this would be an easy way to get rid of a few boxes. The only problem is I have to see if the Chief (i.e. my wife) will buy off on this idea, as she pays the mortgage...
 
Upvote 0
Not a bad haul. Good luck on the last box. Hope the CFO goes for your plan.
 
Nice haul. Good luck on the next lot.

Red
 
Well, the "CEO" approved my "scheme", and even went to the bank to open an account where I could pay the mortgage in halfs. Not wanting to look like a wierdo (like me), she also confirmed that they'd be OK with my plan, and they said "no problem".

So, everything is ready to go. I ordered another six boxes today, and the fun should start on Monday!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom