A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C.B. may I ask what you used for measurements other than fathoms/leagues when getting really close range such as feet varas etc.?

How were the Roman numerals converted to the fathoms/leagues?

Also what is the measurement of the Fathom that you speak of in feet and inches?

Thank you very much for your information.

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there. We have been all over that hill back in 2002. Three caves, empty. They took the stash and headed south to where the Squaws was dancing.

your not looking for one you can see,this one will not be easy to see its seal off...do what Sandy 1 does you be able to get a aura on a sunny day.

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sdcfia, curious is there a list of these place names that your referring

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C.B. may I ask what you used for measurements other than fathoms/leagues when getting really close range such as feet varas etc.?

Also what is the measurement of the Fathom that you speak of in feet and inches?

In some spots, there were copper strips with miles and yards and a heading in capital letters, but using those spots as starting points nothing was located at the specified distance and heading in the 70's. Slightly below those strips, there were lead pieces in the same spot exactly. These pieces were found by direction to the point of retrieval that was written on the previous piece in code with symbols, letters etc.. In answer to your question, I guess yards, but nothing was found at the point specified on the copper strips at the time it was tried. I believe we have located the starting point for those copper strips and it leads to another trail (s). No person has ever given it a try yet and the strips have been set aside for many years. The original 4 hunters including my Dad thought they were bogus clues left to mislead the treasure hunter. Over the years he and I made several attempts to locate them using different known starting points on the trail. My father and I have found more information and clues and other starting points since then and we know the use of T H B Y L M O F R W, The Full Moon, Owls, Squirrels, Turtles all of which led us to new previously undiscovered markers and sites on the trail and a better understanding of old ones. Most of all we finished decoding two pieces of the map last year with the help of Bob Brewers information and many of you guys and your threads. This will be a banner year for us or we will die trying. We have pinpointed locations on the big map that were marked by letters and numbers and symbols we did not previously understand. Bob Brewer woke us up and you guys helped us figure it out. Until we are done you guys will just have to trust me when I say they will have to rewrite the books when its over. When I hear people say " I have never seen anything like it." it makes me all tingly inside knowing that there is so much more to show you. There is a Tobias on the Heart that has not been located for a lot of years. Now, with the new understanding of the symbols and new calculations, one of the spots we deciphered hit the same spot of the Tobias on the big map( all pieces of it put together make a different map) which I located on the Earth in the 90's. Until reading information on here and meeting guys like Pinwheel, we had no idea that hiding the starting point was an option or that a needle's eye can be 3 foot off of the ground and tiny compared to what they had used in other places.

Thanks to ALL L.C.:icon_thumright:

needle's eye.jpg

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In some spots, there were copper strips with miles and yards and a heading in capital letters, but using those spots as starting points nothing was located at the specified distance and heading in the 70's. Slightly below those strips, there were lead pieces in the same spot exactly. These pieces were found by direction to the point of retrieval that was written on the previous piece in code with symbols, letters etc.. In answer to your question, I guess yards, but nothing was found at the point specified on the copper strips at the time it was tried. I believe we have located the starting point for those copper strips and it leads to another trail (s). No person has ever given it a try yet and the strips have been set aside for many years. The original 4 hunters including my Dad thought they were bogus clues left to mislead the treasure hunter. Over the years he and I made several attempts to locate them using different known starting points on the trail. My father and I have found more information and clues and other starting points since then and we know the use of T H B Y L M O F R W, The Full Moon, Owls, Squirrels, Turtles all of which led us to new previously undiscovered markers and sites on the trail and a better understanding of old ones. Most of all we finished decoding two pieces of the map last year with the help of Bob Brewers information and many of you guys and your threads. This will be a banner year for us or we will die trying. We have pinpointed locations on the big map that were marked by letters and numbers and symbols we did not previously understand. Bob Brewer woke us up and you guys helped us figure it out. Until we are done you guys will just have to trust me when I say they will have to rewrite the books when its over. When I hear people say " I have never seen anything like it." it makes me all tingly inside knowing that there is so much more to show you. There is a Tobias on the Heart that has not been located for a lot of years. Now, with the new understanding of the symbols and new calculations, one of the spots we deciphered hit the same spot of the Tobias on the big map( all pieces of it put together make a different map) which I located on the Earth in the 90's. Until reading information on here and meeting guys like Pinwheel, we had no idea that hiding the starting point was an option or that a needle's eye can be 3 foot off of the ground and tiny compared to what they had used in other places.

View attachment 1572024
L C, boy it sure is good to see you back. Been wondering when you would get back.
Take care, and have you gotten close to finishing your second book? :icon_thumright:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
How or why would a secret (emphasis on secret) organization carve all these thousands of markers at these sites which many go back to these treasures? They would have had to of had thousands of men all over the Southwest to accomplish this. I cannot see how they could have done this and remain a secret.

This Turtle was carved and placed in a public place where thousands upon thousands have viewed it for the past 135 years. If we had never told what was found under its nose it would still be what it was for the last 135 years. That is hiding things right under your nose and they prided themselves on being able to do that. They boasted to each other about it because it separated them from the masses. They were "illuminated" by the knowledge and everyone else is in the dark. In their minds, it separated the elite from the commoner. How many people have viewed it and never gave it another thought?

L.C.
morton kgc turtle.jpg lil turtle.jpg

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Please forgive my ignorance L.C.B but I was curious what the meaning of this is (T H B Y L M O F R W)?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Please forgive my ignorance L.C.B but I was curious what the meaning of this is (T H B Y L M O F R W)?

It's my ignorance that is the problem. I have trouble communicating with a pen.:laughing7: Each of those letters has one or more meanings to the treasure hunter as I am sure you already know. For instance, the word Sage on the first cross was a nickname of Julius Mortons, but it had a Spanish treasure meaning letter for letter. Some of the above letters stand alone and some were represented by numbers on the maps. We had no idea that a B could be a symbol for 13 or that they both could have the same meaning. In short, there was a hell of a lot we didn't have to work with along the way that we know about now thanks to guys like you.

L.C.:coffee2:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This Turtle was carved and placed in a public place where thousands upon thousands have viewed it for the past 135 years. If we had never told what was found under its nose it would still be what it was for the last 135 years. That is hiding things right under your nose and they prided themselves on being able to do that. They boasted to each other about it because it separated them from the masses. They were "illuminated" by the knowledge and everyone else is in the dark. In their minds, it separated the elite from the commoner. How many people have viewed it and never gave it another thought?

L.C.
View attachment 1572067 View attachment 1572068

It's not just the turtle either. Look close at these steps and keep in mind they are carved, not poured. You are also standing next to the needle's eye the one symbol is telling you to look through. There was a trick to decipher when to look through it also. There are more symbols that are not pictured here.

View attachment 1572175 View attachment 1572176 View attachment 1572177

Attachments

• new jobs 079.JPG
    new jobs 079.JPG
    627.2 KB · Views: 97
  • hoarding symbol.jpg
    hoarding symbol.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 333
  • morton 1 (1).jpg
    morton 1 (1).jpg
    109 KB · Views: 107
  • new jobs 077.JPG
    new jobs 077.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • new jobs 078.JPG
    new jobs 078.JPG
    973.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you so much for all you have shown L.C.B. that is very fascinating information indeed.

I personally am working on a large triangle at the moment, and will explain how it works on here as I get more information on it.

what I can say so far is that one point of this large triangle has a large 1x1x1 vara (33 inches per vara side) carved deep into a boulder/marker that can be seen from the crisscross spot on a compass degree of 45 degrees.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Thank you so much for all you have shown L.C.B. that is very fascinating information indeed.

I personally am working on a large triangle at the moment, and will explain how it works on here as I get more information on it.

what I can say so far is that one point of this large triangle has a large 1x1x1 vara (33 inches per vara side) carved deep into a boulder/marker that can be seen from the crisscross spot on a compass degree of 45 degrees.

Awesome, can't wait for the info! I found a couple sites with triangles and never knew how to tackle them. You just keep surprising me with your rare and keen ability to figure out these mysteries Sandy1. Thanks for everything you've shared!

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
This is one of the crosses found on the trail. In 1970 my Father made a drawing of the 3-inch lead cross. This one was not worn around someone's neck and has no hole at the top. It was a directional clue to go to the next site. There are more like it that were found in each place we were led to. Some used leagues (L) and fathoms (F) for short distances calculated with Roman numerals on the pieces.
View attachment 1571884

View attachment 1572024

L.C.
View attachment 1572067 View attachment 1572068

It's my ignorance that is the problem. I have trouble communicating with a pen.:laughing7: Each of those letters has one or more meanings to the treasure hunter as I am sure you already know. For instance, the word Sage on the first cross was a nickname of Julius Mortons, but it had a Spanish treasure meaning letter for letter. Some of the above letters stand alone and some were represented by numbers on the maps. We had no idea that a B could be a symbol for 13 or that they both could have the same meaning. In short, there was a hell of a lot we didn't have to work with along the way that we know about now thanks to guys like you.

L.C.:coffee2:

It's not just the turtle either. Look close at these steps and keep in mind they are carved, not poured. You are also standing next to the needle's eye the one symbol is telling you to look through. There was a trick to decipher when to look through it also. There are more symbols that are not pictured here.

View attachment 1572175 View attachment 1572176 View attachment 1572177

I'm always continually learning from you guys, who have shared your knowledge & experiences
you've acquired, through your time studying tenaciously, extreme hard work, unwavering diligence,
& unrelenting perseverance.

This I believe, is part of your recipe for continued successes, SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE, to illuminate
teachable. Just my personal take, on the circle of the benefit received, from the returns of the mentor-ship.

It's those that are meant to, that hear & see for the greater good of the whole, master plan. Me thoughts.
I choose to share at times myself, & know the good or otherwise, generous acts be always subjected
to.

Here's to yer continued health & long life even more, & to all those continuing successfully sharing
many gained enlightenments...
:icon_thumleft::coins::treasurechest::gold-bracelet::icon_thumright::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Will you take the full distance times three? I ask because we also have a large triangle made by these gentlemen. When totaled up and times by three we get a very good number for a distance that lands us in a very good spot. The distance not tripled also hits a spot that is OK, but on private property and it seems unlikely but there is no way to know until we look. That hunt is one of those things that requires some money to complete. We are hoping for another cache to pay off this summer and then we will be able to finance the big triangle search. It will be interesting to see how you do yours Sandy, I can't wait to hear about it!

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. My carved triangle marker is for sure somewhere between 440 feet to 473 feet from the treasure (no further as that is where the crisscross spot is which stops the line at 473 feet and you would only see this rock/marker with the carved triangle if your standing at the crisscross spot), and it also has a couple of alignment standing rocks to keep you on line, the next time I go out I will take some pictures for you guys.
Remember this is one of the kings storages that I am working on which is more elaborate with better markers than the small caches.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The larger triangles can go to multiple spots. There's often side markers off individual triangle points as well as from points thru monuments near the triangle. They can go thru the legs (boulder to boulder) as well as between triangle points. Depends on the size of the boulders which indicates age as well as whats around them. There isn't a specific key that goes to all of them, but there's alot you can try. They can go far an near.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
The larger triangles can go to multiple spots. There's often side markers off individual triangle points as well as from points thru monuments near the triangle. They can go thru the legs (boulder to boulder) as well as between triangle points. Depends on the size of the boulders which indicates age as well as whats around them. There isn't a specific key that goes to all of them, but there's alot you can try. They can go far an near.

...three good strikes.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have ever gutted a rattlesnake, the smell will make you not want to eat for a week! I have had a rattlesnake chase me. I walked up on a Mojave Green that was laying in wait for some sparrows playing on a low hanging branch. When I scared the birds away, the snake was visibly mad, and it came after me. As it chased me, I moved back, then it would turn and run, then I would chase him, then he would turn and chase me. We did this a few times until we both go bored.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The low hanging fruit has been grabbed by those that came in the 1800-1900's. Anything that you find now is what they left laying around. They knew about the Spaniards and how they marked their mines. Okay, an example: Look at the picture of the Pope/Padre I posted that is looking through the mountain Door. That particular Monument is on the Ragged Top Mountains, near Picacho Peak in Arizona. The mine that the Pope/Padre is staring at is the Silver Bell Copper mine. The Mountain Door falls into the exact measurements that Kenworthy lays out in one of his books. We used this one as verification so we knew Kenworthy wasn't blowing smoke to sell his books. He helped us with just a few questions we had. Back in the Spanish days, the Silverbell was a rich mine to be sure. They concealed it and left, but the Americans came in and reopened it. There is a whole amazing story behind it that and is very hard to piece together, however, we took some time at ASU, U of A, and a few other places to dig out the dirt. The bottom line, someone in the 1800's-1900's time frame, refound it, as with most of the major mines in the south west. They knew about the Spanish mode of operation, and about the Spanish Monuments. That's not to say that there are not very rich caches and such, because there are. The ones that are left are just very much more difficult to locate. Look at the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. The Spaniards knew what was coming. They loaded every burro for 500 miles around, in Santa Fe, where the gold was being stored, and headed South to escape the Indian wrath that they so well deserved. Why do you think that Victorio Peak was full of crude gold bars? Why is there an old Spanish Fort there, looking over Victorio Peak. Why do you think that the Lost Dutchmans Legend really starts with a mine called The Church Treasure Of Santa Fe? Why do the real Arizona Desert Rats know that Jacob Waltz simply found the gold that the Apaches threw out from the burro packs? If you want to search for hidden buried Spanish Treasure, then Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado is where you would be closest to that type of thing. The Indians concealed them all, after the Revolt. They were very rich, as the gold bars from Victorio Peak prove. Then, you have Chief Victorio. He knew where every Spanish Treasure in Arizona and New Mexico were located. He was running and gunning from Gila Bend to Hembrillo, stealing everything he could sneak up on. There are more caches running east and west and along the Gila to be sure. So as a hobby, it's fun. To really search, it takes at least 2 weeks in the field, and no boss breathing down your neck. It takes a deeper knowledge of the history, and the piecing together of those fragments. That is what I meant by risking it all, because it is out there, fur sure, but it really is near impossible. Believe me, EVERYTHING is against you. It's not a few miles from the car, and anything as far as monuments and little rocks on the ground might not take you there. I don't want to be a jerk, but many of these so called monuments I see posted on the treasure sites are just wishful thinking, but I don't judge anyone. Have fun! Now I'm not here to argue with anyone, I'm just laying it down the way I have seen it. Anyone here that has really found anything, knows I am right.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I will add this for the hunters out there with treasure maps. We took a piece of plexiglass and marked several location identifiers with a marker on the glass. Then we sized a real-time map and a topographical map from the dates in question to put under the glass. By adding one symbol or number or dot at a time we have decoded almost all of the big map and located exact spots on it. We have decoded the deposits from 1867, 1874, and 1882. The total amount of caches placed for each year has also been determined along with their locations. We have figured out what the coded letter meant by "followed each clue from its faucet to its end and back again." Sometime after 1896 the O.A.K. placed copper strips over already placed K.G.C. map pieces that use another starting point that we have also located on the big map and a little one. The original K.G.C. maps were added to after they were buried the first time and more caches were added between 1896 and 1904 via copper strips and the use of a known K.G.C. cache location that was also a new starting point. If this damn snow will let us get out there soon, we will locate and dig up what they left. When it is over I will lay out the maps and decipher them for everyone to see the use of the symbolism and codes.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

P.S. I have always thought we didn't have good enough equipment to find it, but I was wrong! A person should not need anything more than a decent metal detector and a shovel. My reasoning was that Gold and lead are both hard to find at deep depth with a mediocre metal detector. These men used dead-on accuracy in surveying and they placed iron shallow for identification of a line in the field. In 1980 my Father and the original prospector located and dug a large piece of iron and pitched it thinking no more about it. Thanks to my Dad I was able to relocate the spot and the position of the iron that was used. Below is a picture of what they dug up, but not the original item which did not have legs on it. It was one foot or so deep and without its legs on a short line between two located sites. By determining the spot it was laid on made it possible to triangulate from the two points to a third on that line. It was identified as the "pull" and "4" with dots at its base change of direction symbol they had always thought was a four. :occasion14:

BIER.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions