A HOARDERS MUSIC STORE

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
On Florida's Hwy 17, between Palatka and Barberville is the one traffic lite town of Crescent City on Crescent Lake, which has the look of old rural Florida.
Allen Glenn, who attended the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival is the owner of Crescent City Music, a store known by many of north and central Florida musicians.
What makes this "not your typical music store" is the unorganized clutter and tiny pathways lined with new, used, and vintage amplifiers throughout the store with over 2000 new, used, and vintage guitars, banjos, mandolins hanging from the ceiling in what was once an old hardware store with that stock also filling the narrow aisles.
Some of the "vintage" items are, for all intents, new, having remained unsold since the 1960's ,'70's, '80's,etc., and the prices are very affordable.
If you are a musician, well worth the visit.
crescentcitymusic.biz has a photo of the store from the '90's when it was still semi -organized.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Huge amount of money in vintage instruments. Most vintage stores also sell newer stuff to stay in business. Krazy Kat here is all vintage. Spacetone Music is in a high rent area and started carrying new stuff because noone wanted to pay Jason's prices. Vintage shows kick butt and sometimes you can get a deal, but the prices keep getting worse.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a 1984 Gibson tribal Flying V with case at Crescent City music for $400.00, way below the estimated current market value.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great place. My wife would not let me near the place!:laughing7:
Most of my guitars are on stands.....the cases are stacked up on top of one another....saves space. If she ever checks them out she will find out they are not empty!
Then I can visit that music store.......:laughing7:

Do they have a website? pics?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread