What's new

A kid was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
78729
Detector(s) used
dfx
A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

About 60 mailboxes in this aluminum monstrosity... The mail boxs are inline with a straight road that curves right before you hit it. He hit it, totaled his truck, ruined all the boxes and got a ticket. Serves him right. At least the cop let me get my mail from the box that was open and un-secure. It's sunday, and he told me that a postal worker was on his way out. I'm glad they have 'on-call' staff to deal with this kind of thing.
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

drunk driving - text driving ...what's the difference? The damage and injuries still hurt the same.
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

dirty digger dude said:
drunk driving - text driving ...what's the difference? The damage and injuries still hurt the same.

Yep, I ran upstairs to grab my camera but then I realized that my mail (with clients checks) were thrown all over the place, and then it because a issue of 'how to best confront the cops so I can get my mail'. That's when it because a much more important objective, as well as me thinking....'stupid kid'.
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

Isn't hitting mailboxes a federal offense too?
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

In America cellphones are more common than brains.
HH,Mont

P.S Lets Be carefull out there...
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

I don't know why people uses mailboxes in the age of internet. ???
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

so you get a new Mail box :thumbsup:

SCORE :headbang:

hey I can find a positive in anything :laughing7:
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

dalemill13y said:
I don't know why people uses mailboxes in the age of internet. ???

Try having your next lot of birthday gifts mailed to your email address!
Some people on Earth are still very good with a device called a "pen", which they like to combine with paper,an envelope and a stamp!
Your great aunt only manages to find you by your email address. As she's never even switched on a computer she gives up trying to contact you and donates the 6.8million dollars of your portion of her will to the local cats home!

NEVER disregard the power of the physical mailbox!!!
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

that's a great point,Dano
about 11 years ago went back to my old neighborhood looking for old acquaintances,
the phone directory was useless,everyone has cell phones thesedays.
I guess facebook is the next equivalent but not everyone uses computers(Believe it or not)
looking for a cindy smith,over 50 were listed on facebook.
the computer age affords an anonymity that some may like,But I use My full name on all the forums I'm on so
have nothing to hide.
HH,Mont
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

cell phones & ipods! they're both dangerous. a kid hit me while I was at stop sign. I know he was on the cell. fractured vertabrae, & I got all the med bills cuz there wasn't enuf damage to my car to have done that much damage to my neck. not just kids tho. I see all ages driving & on phones/ texting. be careful, be aware, but above all, be smart!
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

I guess we could start a new concerned citizens group besides MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers). It could be known by the acronym MAD-AT or (Mothers Against Drunks And Texters) ;D
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

I still write letters and send cards through the mail. I had a kid on a celphone cut in front of me the other day and I was lookin at some deer out in the field but I was quick enough to swerve. Man, my coffee spilled all over my lap and road map I had out, and my hamburger and fries went all in the floorboard. I don't know about these folks with electronic devices who don't devote a hundred per cent to drivin.
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

Banner for that one RGINN. LOL!
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

you are four times more likely to wreck while texting
than while you are drunk and driving, go figure.
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

In Maryland it is now Illegal to text or use hand held cell phones while driving.
I hate to see the government make new restrictions, but after a few close misses by the cell phone abusers, I can go along with this. KIds are the worst offenders. Kids are people that haven't learned there limits yet. Frank
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

So NOW, the city of Austin has moved one of the automated vehicle speed notification trailers (they tell you what your speed is when you pass). They put this right buy the mail box that was hit... and they pointed it the wrong way!!! It's pointed near the end of the street, where you can't speed. Complete waist of taxpayer dollars.
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

mikeofaustin said:
So NOW, the city of Austin has moved one of the automated vehicle speed notification trailers (they tell you what your speed is when you pass). They put this right buy the mail box that was hit... and they pointed it the wrong way!!! It's pointed near the end of the street, where you can't speed. Complete waist of taxpayer dollars.

If it is what I think

they put them up here once in awhile
in certain locations.
usually entering towns or entering
construction areas on the interstate.

They are just to remind motorists
of their speed.
I Don't think they are accurate enough
for anything else.

I Like making them hit 70 in a 55
etc.
It's fun seeing how high
I can get it to jump
last few Seconds.
before slowing up.
:laughing7:
 
Re: A 'kid' was texting and driving today. Drove right into my neighborhood mailboxs

Jeff, ours light up with a big red light
when you blow by one at 85 mph, :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom