Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped and ask for permission at a home here in my town which I don't believe has much age to it but the neighboring houses on each side are quite old. First signal of the night is a wheatie never a bad start! Second signal comes in really high on the atpro pop the plug, check with the pinpointer and the target is still in the plug. Scrapping dirt away and out pops a braided hair large cent! The back was pretty clean coming out but the front was quite caked with dirt but a little tooth picking and she's looking great!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444696089.580759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444696134.265826.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444696161.919618.jpg

I also scored 3 wheats and .62 cents in clad. I was by no means expecting to dig this largie but wow only at about 4 inches deep I was dreaming of seated coins but no silver showed up this day. I did dig a pretty ornate piece that I believe was the back of a small clock it's quite large to be a pocket watch piece. Possible though. The small dog I wish was complete he's pretty neat Ideal Dog Food good luck puppy.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444696352.336073.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444696426.824483.jpg

The buckle has an M engraved on it not sure on the age but a neat find in my book. I'm also not sure on the 4 circle objects 3 having what appears to be red beads in them they all were in the same hole and have threading on the underside. If anyone knows id love to hear! Thanks for looking best of luck and happy hunting!!

Upvote 17
Congrats on that LC colt. :occasion14: You found quite a few cool pieces as well.

Congrats on that LC colt. :occasion14: You found quite a few cool pieces as well.

Thanks! It's my 3rd large cent ever I have one classic head one coronet and now a braided hair just need to score that draped lol

Really nice hunting - Congratz! :occasion14:

Nice going on the copper, were the little rosettes found with the belt buckle?

That is a collection of some weird items. I am curious about them. I do like the Large Cent.. Congrats!

Nice going on the copper, were the little rosettes found with the belt buckle?

No they were actually on the complete opposite side of the yard. The threading on the inside of them is what really gets me.

Thanks everyone! Pretty exciting feeling to pull one up!

great largie that cleaned up real nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back