D Dave66 Tenderfoot Joined May 30, 2015 Messages 3 Reaction score 9 Golden Thread 0 Location Emporium,Pa Detector(s) used White's Spectrum XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2015 #1 Hello folks...I'm new to this site and I sure could use a little help with this. I dug this up out of my yard and I'm not quite sure what it is. Thanks for your help!! Attachments 0613152049[1].webp 452.1 KB · Views: 182 0613152048a[1].webp 300.1 KB · Views: 165 Upvote 16
Hello folks...I'm new to this site and I sure could use a little help with this. I dug this up out of my yard and I'm not quite sure what it is. Thanks for your help!!
deepsecrets Hero Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 773 Reaction score 874 Golden Thread 1 Location Shenandoah Valley Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2015 #2 National Defense Medal
kingskid1611 Gold Member Joined Feb 23, 2015 Messages 8,200 Reaction score 6,696 Golden Thread 0 Location Oklahoma Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2015 #3 What is the size of it.
D Dave66 Tenderfoot Joined May 30, 2015 Messages 3 Reaction score 9 Golden Thread 0 Location Emporium,Pa Detector(s) used White's Spectrum XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2015 Thread Owner #4 Its about the size of a silver dollar. I thought it might have come off some type of military ribbon.
Its about the size of a silver dollar. I thought it might have come off some type of military ribbon.
kingskid1611 Gold Member Joined Feb 23, 2015 Messages 8,200 Reaction score 6,696 Golden Thread 0 Location Oklahoma Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2015 #5 If its that large, I too would guess medallion. I cannot see how it would attach to anything or hang as a medal. It is pretty cool.
If its that large, I too would guess medallion. I cannot see how it would attach to anything or hang as a medal. It is pretty cool.
deepsecrets Hero Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 773 Reaction score 874 Golden Thread 1 Location Shenandoah Valley Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2015 #6 It appears that someone drilled a hole in it - it is a National Defense Medal.
F fmrUSMC_0844 Bronze Member Joined Sep 4, 2008 Messages 1,573 Reaction score 1,104 Golden Thread 0 Location Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT Detector(s) used Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 13, 2015 #7 Here is some info on the National Defense Service Medal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Service_Medal
Here is some info on the National Defense Service Medal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Service_Medal
S sutphin Gold Member Joined Oct 2, 2013 Messages 8,362 Reaction score 4,468 Golden Thread 0 Location brunswick md Detector(s) used WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jun 14, 2015 #8 DEEPSECRETS THATS THE SAME QUOTE THEY USED AT THE WHITE HOUSE.......
Trezurehunter Platinum Member Joined Mar 22, 2003 Messages 20,475 Reaction score 25,979 Golden Thread 0 Location Illinois / Oklahoma Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 14, 2015 #9 Nice military find.
D Dave66 Tenderfoot Joined May 30, 2015 Messages 3 Reaction score 9 Golden Thread 0 Location Emporium,Pa Detector(s) used White's Spectrum XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 14, 2015 Thread Owner #10 Thank you folks for all your help...happy hunting!!
I I-DIG-IT Silver Member Joined Mar 23, 2012 Messages 3,000 Reaction score 941 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 14, 2015 #11 Welcome To T.N. Nice medal.