A little help

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I'm currently working this site that in one are has broken pieces of bottles all over the top of the ground. It was a hay field at one time so that's probably why it is like that. I'm thinking surely there are some whole bottles around somewhere. Would I stand a chance at finding some by simply just grabbing the shovel and digging a big hole? Does anyone have any advice on finding the bottles that are not just obviously on top of the ground? thanks...

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
You might find some by digging the heck out of the sight but it would be alot of work. I was at a sight last fall and found a couple of old bottles digging targets metal detecting. The next day I took my privy probe and carefully probed the area and found four more. I have found small trash pits metal detecting from picking up the metal that was in them and found some nice bottles mixed in with the junk. If you hit a good concentration of iron dig a test hole to see whats there you may get lucky and come away with a few bottles. I would have to say if there is that much glass there are some whole bottles to be found but it's not going to be easy. Good luck.

Wolverine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread