A Little Help

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While out fishing from my kayak in the gulf I decided to try some backwaters so I followed a small creek into a marshy area. The water was very shallow, looking around I started seeing a lot of bottles, I hunted around and found a few of these whole. I'm sure there are a lot more but unsure of how they got there. The nearest dry land is a couple hundred yards away. Since I'm new to bottle collecting I could use some help.
The bottles are green & look to be about 12 oz . On the bottom there is a "V over a G" inside a diamond on the bottom also an 8 and a 2. I would like to know the age, maker,and if they have any value. I think they are beer bottles.
Thanks for any help.
WIN_20140916_190219.JPG WIN_20140916_190344.JPG

TxThunter

Jul 29, 2012
Midlothian, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's 5900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be Victory Glass Co. out of Jeanette, Pa. 1919-1950's. They used a V over G but no mention of a diamond. If I were a betting man, I would say Canadian or European 1920's. Value $1-2. Keep scouting the area as there are plenty of good bottles from this era. RC

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this bottle looks to me to be ether germen or French most likely a beer . late 1940s to early 1950s.

OP
OP
tomsright

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I think they are beer bottles. I'm guessing there was a fishing camp on stilts. I'll go back in this fall when tides are lower and poke around a bit more

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions