What's new

A little round Button

coingairl300

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helllo

I found this Little round Button frieday at a seller hole site. It has a white stare in the middle,its Blue ish green color ,and the miteral looks like rubber.Its smaller than a dime. iT still has the shank on the back. Is this a war button? Thanks
Priscilla



100_5575.jpg

100_5578.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 100_5575.webp
    100_5575.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_5578.webp
    100_5578.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 318
That is a confusing combination of materials, not one I have seen before. The back makes me think 1840s-50s
 
Upvote 0
HI

The site im hunting go's back to the 1700s.I have found some colonial buttons from this site,but nothing like this. Your right the materials are confusing for a button that is from the 1800s. IT has to be hand made? ???
 
Upvote 0
I've never seen one quite like that. I'm thinking mid 1800's as well. I can't swear to it though
 
Upvote 0
I have seen some odd Reunion buttons or corps badges.
If this is one of them, it takes the cake. :D

12th corps adopted the Star insignia. Might be?

Mid 1800's
 
Upvote 0
Here is one sorta like it.I think they are just decorative buttons. :icon_scratch:
Take Care! :hello:


On my recent visit to Rochester I found some terrific buttons at All That Jazz antique mall. Here are three buttons grouped together by theme.


The star motif is a classic in many design styles and cultures. I love the variety in these buttons. The tiny blue button glows in the light like a sapphire. The larger metal button features a star and a thin crescent moon. The tiny black and white star is graphic and simple.


 

Attachments

  • 2533601875_c3500599c9[1].webp
    2533601875_c3500599c9[1].webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0
Hi Timekiller

Thanks for your help on identifying this Button.What year would you think it dates around,1830 1850?

Priscilla
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom