A LOOK AT JAMES BEVERLY WARD, AGENT OF THE BEALE PAPERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! You didn't see Josh Gates, looking for the Beale Treasure on TV...? Now on You-tube, I think... Expeditions Unknown.

Oh yeah, Right, it had the Gillogly string spiel from the NSA analyst. Good example of the rule that some of the smartest and most knowledgeable people are often the least wise. The NSA should have hired Paul Stewart, he had actual insight about solving the Beale. Those guys were and are hopeless, they got nowhere in forty years.

We may have forty years to find out if you are on to anything or not. I know several code breakers that have passed on to the happy hunting grounds and yet no treasure.

We may have forty years to find out if you are on to anything or not. I know several code breakers that have passed on to the happy hunting grounds and yet no treasure.

Forty years? Try fifteen, when the asteroid that's heading toward us right now hits in 2028, going to be difficult to treasure hunt post-asteroid apocalypse. :P

I probably won't be around to see the asteroid destroy everything? Who wants to see something like that---------just a flash of light and we are gone.

Oh yeah, Right, it had the Gillogly string spiel from the NSA analyst. Good example of the rule that some of the smartest and most knowledgeable people are often the least wise... Those guys were and are hopeless, they got nowhere in forty years.
I find it quite amusing how amateurs ALWAYS claim how inept our professional government codebreakers are, they only break ciphers and codes on a daily basis, evaluating and assessing threats to our country.

It doesn't have to be Armageddon, maybe it's just a civilization destroyer. Just don't buy costal property in Florida or Virginia... or anywhere.

A return to simpler times, when you could just dig for treasure and not worry about filing fifteen forms with ten different government agencies....

I know where all of that is except the brass. Kind of strange that can have signs "Stay Off the Grass" after a twister or other disaster you can walk anywhere you please. System stinks.

Brass is copper and zinc and I 'm sure you know where old copper mines are, so all you need is an old zinc mine.

Plenty of old zinc water drain pipes.

... Massive inflation is coming, you can't QE forever. The gold bugs are going to "win" in the end, so I figured I should probably start acquiring some. ;-) ...
Another surrender to the politics of fear.
As Sonny Bono once proclaimed: "The beat goes on, and on, and on..."

Oddly enough, one reason I stumbled into Treasure Hunting, was because you can see the beginning of the breakdown of society and the fiat money system under Obama (and the Fed). Massive inflation is coming, you can't QE forever. The gold bugs are going to "win" in the end, so I figured I should probably start acquiring some. ;-)

Also: better than a gun is a forge, lathe and milling machine, better than ammo is your own source for Sulphur, saltpeter, charcoal and brass.
Stocking up, eh...? Where ya gonna put the GOLD, SILVER, JEWELRY, etc...?

Stocking up, eh...? Where ya gonna put the GOLD, SILVER, JEWELRY, etc...?

In everybody's pockets (save for the large bit in the vault). I think the best thing to do after civilization collapses is to start minting coinage so trade can begin again.

Why don't we leave all this doomsday end of civilization dogs and cats living together prepper nonsense that has nothing to do with James Beverly Ward and return to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back