tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got home a half hour ago as I started the day in Grand Junction and couldn't start as early as I normally do, before sun-up. Had to pickup some 48" x 100' diameter collapsible mine ventilation duct at a factory there and then go 2 hours to Nucla Colorado. My guy over there said he's found the best way to Creede Colorado was taking hwy 160 over Wolf Creek, because of the unpredictable road construction going the shortest way, which I didn't wanna that again like I did on my last trip over in Western Colorado. It's nuts anymore getting around the mountain region of Colorado these days. I got to the Bulldog mine just after 5pm and they were there waiting on me as they said they were just about to send me a text asking how much longer I'd be as I walked through the door. I took a picture of some very rich silver ore they had in the display case in their office. This is like $20 Grand a ton ore. At most mines when they encounter such high value rock be it gold or silver the extraction is done under very close observation. Mineral specimen dealers may also be called in to make even higher than the actual metals value bids at times when such rare and valuable specimens are discovered. As there are mineral specimen collectors out there that with pay tens of thousands of dollars to obtain the rarest of specimens.

Attachments

• 20220718_140856.jpg
    20220718_140856.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220718_173644.jpg
    20220718_173644.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 44

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My guy over there said he's found the best way to Creede Colorado was taking hwy 160 over Wolf Creek, because of the unpredictable road construction going the shortest way, which I didn't wanna that again like I did on my last trip over in Western Colorado.

Ran around that area for a bit, hauling lumber out of the backwoods mills. Beautiful country, but in a big truck it makes for a lot of work just getting up (and down) the mountains. Don't recall if I ever went to Creede, but looking at it on the map it seems the only options are 149 from the north side, or 160-149 from the south side.

My instinct says less time spent on 149, the better. Still, that's a lot of hours of wheel time, any way you look at it.

How big/heavy was that ventilation duct?

Those ore samples are something else...:occasion14:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran around that area for a bit, hauling lumber out of the backwoods mills. Beautiful country, but in a big truck it makes for a lot of work just getting up (and down) the mountains. Don't recall if I ever went to Creede, but looking at it on the map it seems the only options are 149 from the north side, or 160-149 from the south side.

My instinct says less time spent on 149, the better. Still, that's a lot of hours of wheel time, any way you look at it.

How big/heavy was that ventilation duct?

Those ore samples are something else...:occasion14:
The duct was lightweight. It's a collapsible thin rubber coat fabric they can quickly hand up in a drift. I avoided 149 due to all the long delay construction on 50. All that frik'n slow moving stop and go bs with all the tourists going through Montrose and up to Gunnison is hard to deal with. Plus I had an other theory about fuel consumption going the farther but always moving routes and that is with maybe using less fuel because I'm only reimbursed by mileage with the deal I have, meaning I buy the fuel, so I try and use as less as possible. I did use less the always moving at a good steady speed of easy on the throttle up hill and coast on the downside. When I hit the I25 corridor, my average trip mpg was running over 26mpg for the trip. Only real hazard of the drive was Salida to Leadville going up 285 & 24. Some kind of water fly out of the Arkansas River was taking flight and they were thick. Had to stop and clean those buggers off every chance I came by a place with a wash tub and squeegee.

Attachments

• 20220718_231503.jpg
    20220718_231503.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220719_073327.jpg
    20220719_073327.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing to see all those flies
That’s a very nice delivery that you made
Nice detail
Take care

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The duct was lightweight. It's a collapsible thin rubber coat fabric they can quickly hand up in a drift. I avoided 149 due to all the long delay construction on 50. All that frik'n slow moving stop and go bs with all the tourists going through Montrose and up to Gunnison is hard to deal with. Plus I had an other theory about fuel consumption going the farther but always moving routes and that is with maybe using less fuel because I'm only reimbursed by mileage with the deal I have, meaning I buy the fuel, so I try and use as less as possible. I did use less the always moving at a good steady speed of easy on the throttle up hill and coast on the downside. When I hit the I25 corridor, my average trip mpg was running over 26mpg for the trip. Only real hazard of the drive was Salida to Leadville going up 285 & 24. Some kind of water fly out of the Arkansas River was taking flight and they were thick. Had to stop and clean those buggers off every chance I came by a place with a wash tub and squeegee.
A lot like love bugs in FL. A royal pain, eat away at your paint.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May fly's or what we call fishfly's can get so bad they plug radiators. on lighted bridges could be like driving in greasy slush.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread