A lot of heavy metal yesterday. UpDaTeD

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Another field is just ready to be planted, so I went there using that may be the last possibility to research area next to the location of near bronze time settlement discovered couple of years ago. Nevertheless, no so old relics were found. Unusually many lead seals from farmers and mills, some buutons and coins. The upper right copper coin looks very old, but it is under oxides and I should somehow clean it.

2006-05-08.jpg

Ok, again the same, but I like this yellow colour ;)

5rentenpf_1924d.jpg

As well as that green - copper coins of that time - 1920s are always in the bad shape, but a few coins have unifirm patina which makes coin more attractive.

1pf_1925e.jpg

ONe more rare find As-bronse button (there were 2 main items on such buttons - one is flowers and another is horses...

buttin_As_flower_topf.jpg

And finally some animal which is trying to eat something which looks like part of snake of fish, and judging on the face of that animal, this food is not very good. :) . Another version is that this animal broke itself onto 2 parts and one ate another. Brass.

lion_eat.jpg

Thanks for viewing and HH

Sand

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: A lot of heavy metal yesterday.

Really Nice....That looks like it was a handle off a pitcher or some type of ewer. Cool stuff!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think the story goes that the dragon or beast or whatever, swallowed himself and disappeared! ;) Monty

S

southbound

Nice variety of coins and relics Sand! Congrats.
Vern

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Sand, I always like finding the lead seals! The dragon looks like it may have been a reign guide for a horse carriage. Sorry I had to back out last Sunday, too many things to do at home. Good you got out and HH, Mike

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Excellent find's Sand,coin's and seal's are awesome...sorry I can't help you with the dragon though,but now it's going to be bugging me of what the hell it is??keep us posted and HH!!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds, Sand. The dragon relic is a great find.

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II

Just small update - occasionally I met a picture of sabre. Look at the hilt, it it is not exactly what I have found, but looks like my dragon came from some cold steel - probably not from sabre but something smaller....

fr-sabre-1a.jpg

HH

Sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread