What's new

A lot of variety today at the 18th century Settler site. Need help with identification.

Recoveredmol

Full Member
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
167
Reaction score
546
Golden Thread
0
A lot of variety today at the 18th century Settler site. Need some help identifying some things. If you know what any of it is, comment below.

1. The capsule looking thing with a hole in it reads nickel on my detector. Doesn't seem to be hollow. I can't pick through it.

2. I dont know what the thin second piece is. Just noticed two little holes. Added a picture at the end.

3. 18th century spade end fish hook. Any additional information on this? Rarity?

4. The chain is super cool. They are all different size rings. Love it.

5. I need help with the 9 inch tool that I found deep and under a large rock.

6. The glass was a super cool find. No idea what it is from. This was also under a very large rock. Added a picture to show air bubble in the glass.

Thanks yall.
 

Attachments

  • 20230709_134219.webp
    20230709_134219.webp
    904.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20230709_134243.webp
    20230709_134243.webp
    562.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230709_134300.webp
    20230709_134300.webp
    686 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230709_134308.webp
    20230709_134308.webp
    463 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20230709_134327_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20230709_134327_Gallery.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230709_134355.webp
    20230709_134355.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 20230709_134407.webp
    20230709_134407.webp
    957.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230709_134428.webp
    20230709_134428.webp
    813.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20230709_134430.webp
    20230709_134430.webp
    779.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20230709_153333.webp
    20230709_153333.webp
    667.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230709_161907.webp
    20230709_161907.webp
    493.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Upvote 5
At first glance the 9” tool looks like a draw knife. However I’ve not seen one with such large handle mounts.
 
Number 1 is a parasol end piece, and number 6 is the base to an old ale bottle.
 
That's awesome! Where did you get the photo of the parasol end piece?
Thanks for the ID.
 
I can't lnk it from here but if you google...parasol rib tip...and look at the Poplar Forest Archaeology site you will find more info...
Screenshot_20230709_163812_Google.webp
 
At first glance the 9” tool looks like a draw knife. However I’ve not seen one with such large handle mounts.
You’re probably right. My initial thought was a log dog, but it looks thin and too short.
 
Maby a woodworkers pinch dog. on the u shape peace ,i would bet a dollar on it.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom