A mystery coin, fossils and weights from the beach

StephLeigh

Jul 8, 2012
Charleston SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out to do a little metal detecting today, and sadly no big finds. I did however find some clam fossils and some bone fossil. I have a few encrusted coins, all but one look modern. Would love advice on cleaning up the mystery coin. I am not sure what metal it is. Thanks :) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427674123.644926.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427674164.714525.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427674196.578560.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427674256.551509.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427674376.194418.jpg

Upvote 3

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will probably stay a mystery....lol

OP
OP
StephLeigh

StephLeigh

Jul 8, 2012
Charleston SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I mentioned in my first post, I am hoping its a coin [emoji16]. I have been metal detecting in Charleston for a few years and have not found any really old coins. Or good ones for that matter [emoji23]. I don't get out too often, but I have made it my mission to find a nice old coin. I would love to find something colonial or something along the lines of Spanish cob. I live super close to two historic Charleston sites... There has to be something good for me to find around there. I know it takes persistence and perseverance. I know it may not be a coin, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I love Treasure Net because of the community here. People are always willing to share some advice, tips, or how to's. I appreciate everyone's input!

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out near Caw Caw is good hunting area! Alot of old houses people are more than friendly to let you hunt at!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I mentioned in my first post, I am hoping its a coin [emoji16]. I have been metal detecting in Charleston for a few years and have not found any really old coins. Or good ones for that matter [emoji23]. I don't get out too often, but I have made it my mission to find a nice old coin. I would love to find something colonial or something along the lines of Spanish cob. I live super close to two historic Charleston sites... There has to be something good for me to find around there. I know it takes persistence and perseverance. I know it may not be a coin, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I love Treasure Net because of the community here. People are always willing to share some advice, tips, or how to's. I appreciate everyone's input!

Sounds a great area, so all you need is more time out in the field & a little luck.

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The bone you got is pretty unidentifiable, but is likely manatee, dugong, or whale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread