connorghabra
Jr. Member
Found two George III Imitation Spade Guinea Jetons while metal detecting Rehoboth Beach at night in Southern Delaware! One is slightly smaller and says 1768 and the other says 1788.
A few miles up the same coastline is a local beach we call "coin beach" due to a ship wrecking off the coast that held 400 barrels of King George half pennies and rose gold guineas (Faithful Steward shipwreck). I haven't found a coin yet from the shipwreck but it is quite a coincidence finding these imitation guineas a few miles down the same coast.
Rehoboth Beach is a tourist area and has been a resort town since the late 1800s, so not sure if these could have been dropped by a victorian tourist or if they were from a shipwreck that carried some jetons. Regardless of how they got there, I'm super excited about these because they are the oldest token/coin & only Jetons I have ever found. My girlfriend and I were jumping with joy!
A few miles up the same coastline is a local beach we call "coin beach" due to a ship wrecking off the coast that held 400 barrels of King George half pennies and rose gold guineas (Faithful Steward shipwreck). I haven't found a coin yet from the shipwreck but it is quite a coincidence finding these imitation guineas a few miles down the same coast.
Rehoboth Beach is a tourist area and has been a resort town since the late 1800s, so not sure if these could have been dropped by a victorian tourist or if they were from a shipwreck that carried some jetons. Regardless of how they got there, I'm super excited about these because they are the oldest token/coin & only Jetons I have ever found. My girlfriend and I were jumping with joy!
Attachments
Upvote
15







