What's new

A new fishing bird

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We spied this bird feeding in our pond today. We never seen this kind before. Maybe you all can ID it for us. I was about 50 yards away from him when I took these shots.


DSCN7602.webp

DSCN7603.webp

DSCN7605.webp

DSCN7606.webp

DSCN7607.webp

DSCN7608.webp

DSCN7609.webp

DSCN7612.webp


Thanks for looking!


~Sis
 
I don't know for sure what kind of bird that is, but I really like the pics you took!

Kace
 
Greater Yellowlegs

Thank you, cactusrat! I never heard of them. Now, I found out that they are common almost all over this continent. It was neat to watch.
 
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:
 
What mode are you shooting in?

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Those were just in auto mode.
 
OH, and here is what I mean by not being able to hold still.


DSCN7610.webp
 
Not much. But I didn't have the luxury of time today. It was snap and go.
 
Nice pics got pretty close awesome
 
Oh, a cold wet footed rocky belly bird.

See, that's why it's important to post lots of pics. Had I started with that one, your ID would have been wrong. Of course, it might be a fun game. You know, instead of Name That Tune, it could be Name That Bird. LOL!
 
OH, and here is what I mean by not being able to hold still.


View attachment 1644152

You must be maxed out on your zoom or near to it,your not alone on that one Sis I do the same exact thing it's called compound error..a little movement in the camera is a big movement out there.I try to center the subject but the slightest movement pushing the button can really throw you off.Sooner or later I get it,as long as the subject is still there.:laughing7:
 
Ya got some good shots of that bird.
 
Thanks, tamrock!
 
You must be maxed out on your zoom or near to it,your not alone on that one Sis I do the same exact thing it's called compound error..a little movement in the camera is a big movement out there.I try to center the subject but the slightest movement pushing the button can really throw you off.Sooner or later I get it,as long as the subject is still there.:laughing7:

That makes sense when I am zoomed out, but I do it on almost all my pics. :BangHead: Cropping is my friend!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom