A new patch of woods gives up some CW history...

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I had about 2 hours to give this patch of woods I have eyeballing for a couple of weeks a chance. The local was near an old road bed that was believed to be CW traveled. I was moving quicker than normal trying to find iron then slow a bit. It produced some nice finds. I will be back and start to slow even more in some spots. Who knows, after 25 years, maybe...just maybe my 1st plate may emerge. Also I dug a nice 1901 IHC. 2 bullets were star based and one has me a little puzzled and would like some help with a positive ID. It has been wormed too. The last three pics are the bullet in question. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

apr271.jpg apr272.jpg apr273.jpg apr274.jpg apr275.jpg apr276.jpg apr277.jpg

Upvote 15

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds .Best of luck finding your first plate, I am waiting for mine also.vanzutphen

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats. ..
Slow and steady, sure hope your plate comes out of there!!!
Definitely looks like a pulled..
George

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much original wooded area left here in norther ill. Of course I do not have permission to Metal Detect them but I am always wondering about mding a group of old growth trees driving down the road. Always interesting.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know about your pulled bullet, but maybe some kind of cleaner? (With the bottom part missing?) Dang nice stuff in 2 stinkin' hours! Two buttons? Shoot!

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CH-Yeah, gonna get a full day in there soon!

Sutphin & vino- yep, there may be a plate sitting in there :)

Helix-you won't ever know unless you give it a swing.

PW-yeah not sure. the hole in the base goes 3/4 of the way up. might post in the what is it to see if I can get ID'd. it was 2 "metal detecting" hours...may have been closer to 4 :laughing7:, but i only had 2 hours to go play :thumbsup:

Digit-Thanks.

Thanks for looking!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics ..
I'm with PW, & think your pulled Bullet is a Type 2 Williams Cleaner without it's washer.
Funny dug a similar Iron Buckle yesterday as Well. @ U.S. Calvary camp.
Thanks for the Pic's
Davers

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GD- yeah, the star base ones are exactly that for sure. Nice link. It was the one in the last 3 pics that had me confused.

Davers- Thanks. I thought that too, but every one I have ever dug had a small nipple on bottom, not a hole the size that is on a sharps base, and this goes a tad further up than 3/4 of the bullet. Maybe I just never dug one that was missing nipple too. I will have to take a closer look when I get home this evening. Thanks again!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I thought it was a Sharps (type) at first, Without checking my bullet book It could be a Type 1 or 2.
Seen one of that type listed as type 1 last night in my Relic Quest Book.

I've dug many type 3 Cleaners With just the Hole, Never dug a Type 1 or 2 ??? here in GA,

Actually the first CW bullet I ever dug was a type 3 with just the hole back in 98 , Without Books or a Computer it took me quite a while to figure out what I had. LOL

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, no wonder I didnt really get it... I dug many type 1 and 3's...this is the 1st type 2 for me :laughing7: Heading back for a full day this weekend, if all goes right. Thanks!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome saves! That looks to be an untouched patch you got there! Good luck on finding your first plate!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go back. There's more to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread