What's new

A nice IHP, pile of clad, 11 wheats, and some artifacts

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a compilation of several short hunts over the last couple of days. Not much to write home about. $3.88 in clad, a nice 1902 IHP, 11 wheat pennies dated from 1911 to 1958. The shiny ones had to IMG_0296.webpIMG_0297.webpIMG_0299.webpIMG_0300.webpIMG_0301.webpIMG_0302.webp have electrolysis to even tell what they were. The ground they came out of destroys copper and I couldn't even identify what they were with normal cleaning methods. They were toasted to begin with, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. The artifact picture has 2 rifle casings, 32-40, and 45-70 calibers. The round tag is a coal miners tag found at my wife's grandmothers old homestead. She raised a herd of kids and the boys all worked the coal mines. They all died of blacklung and cancer, from Radon gas and coal dust. The next 3 items are whatsit items and any thoughts would be helpful. The miniature pick head is an exact duplicate of a full size pick. The old green marble was in a hole with a wheat penny and I believe it is really old. The ring is an Avon junker. Last but not least is a 1948 Huntingdon, Pa dog license. If I showed all the junk that was dug during these hunts it would be a huge pile. Happy hunting and keep on swinging.
 
Upvote 29
love when IH's get lost before they wear---she is cute
 
Man, you KILLED it. Congrats on a lot of finds.
 
Nothing wrong with those finds. You done good...
 
Great finds there! You cleaned them up nice.
 
Nice IH! Good batch of Wheaties too, congrats on some good digs.
 
I see nothing wrong in consolidating hunts. Makes the results easier. Congrats on the 1902 IHC, and all of the wheaties. Could you tell what dates the wheats were?
 
Very nice collection of wheat cents! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the injun and wheat and other nice finds
 
I could tell the dates on the wheats all except one. As I said the shiny ones were given electrolosys so I could tell what they were. I don't like to do that as it gives them a new copper look.
I see nothing wrong in consolidating hunts. Makes the results easier. Congrats on the 1902 IHC, and all of the wheaties. Could you tell what dates the wheats were?
 
Sweet Assortment - beautiful IHP/Wheats!!!!!!
 
Hunting those areas. made cents. :tongue3: Congrats on the IHP and those 11 wheats. :occasion14:
 
I wonder how many have dug pennies until they were just about to give up in frustration when a nice lil ring shows up? Same signal, big surprise.

Looks like a fine couple of hunts.
 
Beautiful green IHC!

I have information for you on that marble. I recognize that thing because I hunt in an old "mill town", and I find them from time to time. It took me a while to figure out exactly what they were.

They are the raw material for making fiber glass: Collection Search | Corning Museum of Glass

Best of luck to you sir!
 
Thank you for the info. I had no idea what it was other than a big marble.
Beautiful green IHC!

I have information for you on that marble. I recognize that thing because I hunt in an old "mill town", and I find them from time to time. It took me a while to figure out exactly what they were.

They are the raw material for making fiber glass: Collection Search | Corning Museum of Glass

Best of luck to you sir!
 
Some people think I am wasting my time digging all the penny signals, but as you said they are not always pennies. The IHP came up on the AT Pro in the low 70's. I have also found rings thinking they were pennies. I dig all mid tones as well, if they are a good solid tone.
I wonder how many have dug pennies until they were just about to give up in frustration when a nice lil ring shows up? Same signal, big surprise.

Looks like a fine couple of hunts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom