What's new

A nice season ender..

nebstater

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
912
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought that I had made my last post last week, as we were to get a real bad snow storm with lots of cold weather.  Surprise surprise.  The storm missed us big time.  Sorry about that those of you in eastern Iowa and Illinois and up into Michigan.  The last 3 days, the weather has really been unsual for December in Nebraska.  Temps in the 40's and today, it hit 57.  It's supposed to change again starting tommorow, but who knows.

Anyway, I have been going back out to the old air park, where I found the SLQ a couple of weeks ago, and been pounding it hard.  The day after I found the quarter, I was lucky enough to come up with a 1936 Merc, along with a couple of wheaties.

Didn't feel like fighting the crowds at the stores today, so went back one more time.  Good signals are really getting hard to find, but there is still stuff there.  Found a little clad, but was basicly looking for the deep sounds.  Ended the day with another Merc, a 1946 Wheat, and a Gillette Razor among other things.  It has been my best year yet.  Hope you all had a good one too.

Season greetings to all.
 

Attachments

  • 12-13-08.webp
    12-13-08.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 968
  • 12-13-08 b.webp
    12-13-08 b.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 948
  • 12-13-08 2.webp
    12-13-08 2.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 959
Upvote 0
Congrats on the silver and may you get out again before the big freeze! HH, Mike
 
Hey Neb, Very nice finds indeed ! I would love to have closed my season out with a merc. and a

wheatie . Argentium.
 
Ya never know, ya might get back out a few more time, nice merc! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on a very nice looking Mercury Dime. :occasion14:
 
Nice Merc. I just found a 42. Nice old razor too. Maybe you will get in some more hunts :icon_sunny:
 
crazyjarhead said:
Nice Merc. I just found a 42. Nice old razor too. Maybe you will get in some more hunts :icon_sunny:

Thanks. I really doubt that there will be any more hunts before the first of the year. We now have a little over 3" on snow on the ground, and there is more headed this way in the future. So, my new slogan is COME ON SPRING!

Have a happy holiday season and a successful new year.
 
Nice finds you have there. Haven't found a Merc in a LONG time. WTG

I am hoping to get one more hunt in before the end of the year. Have a new place to go an all too. Just have to have cooperative weather.
 
mastereagle22 said:
Nice finds you have there. Haven't found a Merc in a LONG time. WTG

I am hoping to get one more hunt in before the end of the year. Have a new place to go an all too. Just have to have cooperative weather.

I was beginning to think that I was never going to find one. I took this hobby up again about 3 years ago, and I've found Rosies, and Barbers, and even a seated Liberty, but I hadn't found any Mercs. A few days before I found this one, I finally broke the ice with a 1936 Merc. Really made my day. Then, less that a week later, I get this one. So now I'm set until next year. Have a good one.
 
Congrats on that silver, Neb! And congrats on a successful year of hunting. :icon_pirat:

y-merry-christmasblue.gif



Nana :wink:
 
SILVER'S ALWAYS A GREAT WAY TO END THE SEASON, CONGRATS. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on that beauty! :thumbsup:

Glad you broke the drought on the mercs. Now you know what they sound like you'll start
loading up on them in the Spring.
Happy Holidays!
Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom