Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I know a few of us (including me) have had unpleasant experiences at banks, but I thought I would tell you of my better experience at my bank earlier today.

I no longer drop off my returns on Saturdays because that is when the teller that glares at me and will not talk to me (except to say “someone else will be right with you”) works. So..

Today I walk in with two boxes of halves (I also included some gold candy chocolate coins for the teller). As I am walking into the lobby I notice that there is one customer at a window but there are no tellers. There was one teller that was helping someone in the lobby and she walked past me and up to her window and offered to help me.

I begrudgingly took my halves up thinking “oh man this pretty girl is going to hate me”. Since I had never met her before I told her that the halves were for deposit and the candy coins were for her and whoever else has to lug the halves to the coin machine.

She smiled really big and said that not one hour ago someone came in looking for halves and they had none except three in her till and that she was glad to get mine. That the guy did not want her clad halves (she showed them to me). Heh I wish that person had come an hour after I left.

I said to her something along the lines of “I just don’t want to get you all mad at me for bringing in all of these coins”. She smiled and told me “It’s our job to do this, bringing in coins is not a problem”. She was happy and smiling the whole time. This lady deserves a gold star for customer service. At least she will get some gold candy.

I said to her “It would be nice if you had your coin machine in the lobby”. She told me that they are going to do major renovations soon and there was talk about getting one for the lobby. She said she will let the ones in charge know that I was asking for that. I told her I had other pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters that I wanted to deposit and it would be so much easier if they had a coin machine a customer could use. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe my coin deposits will be the thing that helps them decide to get one.

I also bought some gold coin candies for the teller that goes out of her way to order me my halves.

Sorry for the long ramblings but it is just so nice to have a good experience at a bank I thought I would share.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mich)

Upvote 0
You should write a letter to the bank president or branch manager and tell them how great their new teller is. How she smiled and how pleasant she was. Name her in the letter.

We all like to complain when things go wrong, but how often do we say something positive when things go the way they are supposed to.

Thanks for your positive post.

I agree, it is proven that complaints travel farther and faster than compliments. You should write a letter, if nothing else it can go in her file for future jobs. Everyone in customer service says they are good, but so few can back it up with customer feedback.

Hmm, and you said she was a pretty lady too. Huh. Wonder if that helped you along a little? :D Might be more than silver you find at that bank! :o I would go back for sure ;)
HH
vegasmtl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back