mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today for a small hunt. I been to this old church dated 1840 and had found some IH's. So I decided to go back there and try it again. Today I went out back into the woods some because to ground is so dry. The bugs was so bad bet I used a half can of off. I hunted for a hour and found lots of shot gun shells and then this old lady showed her face to me. I could not beleive my eyes when I saw her. After letting her soak for a couple of hours and she has ben around for a while. She is worn and thin but she is mine a 1827 bust dime the oldest coin that I have ever found. The pics isn't the greatest but I did add them. Now I am wanting to get back out and see what else if there.....Matt

Attachments

• 100_6034.JPG
    100_6034.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 485
  • 100_6036.JPG
    100_6036.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 530
Upvote 0
congrats on your oldest coin :icon_thumleft:

Great find! Try using the macro setting for close up picures. WTG on that bust dime!

My camera dose not have a macro setting it has a closeup setting this is how the pics turns out all the time. One of these days I am going to buy a better camera. Maybe next year at tax refund time. Thanks to all.....Matt

WOW Awesome find for sure - congrats!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tymcmurray said:
Nice find!!!
Rough photo.
I bet you would be shacking and end up with a blurred photo if you dug that too. Lol I know I would! That is one beautiful recovery! a huge WTG! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back