MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Painting Job I don't want to Repeat!! 60 Ft High Reach

I was supposed to be doing all the painting on the Ground...That was my plan. Lost half the crew before we started 'cause the 2 guys chickened out. (or was too much work for them)

So I had to recruit my son who ran the High Reach and did all the pressure washing. It was obvious he couldn't do all the scraping and painting in the time allowed so I got thrown up into the basket against my will. I hired my cousin to help on the Steeple because it was WAY TOO HIGH for me!! My son said after I was freaking out on the first attempt to the steeple, "I'm taking you down! All you're doing is hanging onto the roof! Haha...So yeah, I'm not that brave! I did however scrape and paint all the trim at 45 feet up.

Big Job, Nice Church...When I was on the ground and my son went back up to the steeple I "picture phoned" the sign from the church to him...:) He said "Knock it off I'm trying to work here"! He liked it though. Love my boy...He's such a good kid!!

MinerGirl

Attachments

• SSPX0389.jpg
    SSPX0389.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 94
  • SSPX0395.jpg
    SSPX0395.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 90
  • SSPX0392.jpg
    SSPX0392.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 93

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up...Up & away.... Nice pictures.. One job I wouldn't want to repeat either.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how did you get to the back side of the steeple? Hope there was a profit in it!
It is a little higher than my comfort level.:2barsgold:

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Cariboo5...Now I remember the "original" 2 guys were looking at each other and saying, "I'm not going up there with You"! "You're too Fat"!...They said their combined weight would be too close to the basket limit...So plans changed real quick...:) (My son then looked at me and joked, "Yeah Mom, How much do You weigh"?)...I just laughed and said, "Don't worry about it...I'm sure we'll be fine"!

MinerGirl

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave44, Just had to drive the unit all around the church to get the right angles. The base weighs about 11,000 lbs and sure did a number on the lawn..even with many boards under it. Its back to normal now...:) (As to the profit, lets just say the first guy hired walked off with half the money and I was the only one who could complete it and save the church people their investment...it was ok in the end, but we worked the whole job not even knowing if we'd get paid! The church people were very thankful and will hire us for the next big job...so its all good!...:)

MinerGirl

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread